Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    HELP!Electric hydro boost for chassie brake
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

HELP!Electric hydro boost for chassie brake
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Need help again please. Finally had to take our 28' Barth Regal in for that leak on the brake booster. It needs to be replaced but we're having trouble finding one. Apparently the Bendix tecgh support said the one listed in the Barth manuel is no longer made. The original mfg part number is 2770445 and on the side it says 53mm 2" bore. The mechanic has narrowed it down to:
part # 2772274 3"/2
or
part # 2772478 4"/2

the 3" or 4" is from the eyelet to the rubber boot. Does anyone know which one it is and where we can find the booster. Bendix said there are no re-built boosters, only new ones. This is good as I know re-built is good but I'd rather have the piece of mind of having a new one. I know we won't get the Barth back until after the holiday but if we can find out where to get the part he can order it now. HELP!

Proud owners of a 1990 28' Barth Regal towing a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Posts: 28 | Location: Slidell, Louisiana & Compass Lake, Florida | Member Since: 09-18-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Hi guys back on Oct 14,2002 there was a post here on this site, posted by a member "CAMPING MAN". He found a place in FL that rebuilt the hydro boost, just a couple days turn around time. Cost 149.99 + 15.00 shipping at the time.

POWER BRAKE SERVICE
199 N.E.32 Ct.
Oakland Park Fl. 33334
Ph 945-566-9248

Guys I was wrong on the post ,it came from the open roads forum.

Ralph
1976 Barth 27'

http://www.jprpowerbrake.com/

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ralph that was a great help and may save me some money although, I'd rather have new but if these folks are good then I'll opt for the rebuilt one. I think the quick turn around time is also a factor as we'd like to go out West after the new year. Thanks again and a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year.
Ron and Maggie

Posts: 28 | Location: Slidell, Louisiana & Compass Lake, Florida | Member Since: 09-18-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great holiday. Just an update. A new hydro-boost will cast $570.00 and only $180.00 to rebuild the old one locally. The mechanic took the old one off and sent it to be rebuilt and will let me know Tuesday if it can be rebuilt. It has to be taken apart and checked for pitting. If no pitting then they will rebuild it and we'll get the coach back the following week, if not they say it will take 5 weeks to get a new one in. It must be coming from BF Egypt. Will let you all know the outcome. We're almost finished rebuilding our house after Katrina. We're doing it all ourselves. I don't move as fast at 63 as I did at 33. All I have left is a little trim, prime and paint the family room and build granite kitchen counter tops. Another week or two then we can relax until the next project. We're still going to head out West as soon as I finish the house. We'll need the break. Until next time.