Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Hehr window slider
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hehr window slider
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
The aluminum slider with lock that you grab to slide one of the bedroom windows open and closed came right off the window pane when I opened it. There is a rubber (plastic/neoprene?) gasket on the glass pane that fits in the slider channel, it came right off too.
What would be best to re-attach this to the window pane? There is little evidence of a glue or gasket material originally used to hold rubbery gasketpiece to the glass or the aluminum slider to the gasket.
These are Hehr horizontal sliders with screens roughly 54" long by 22" high.
There are all kinds of glue, silicone and gasket goo out there that might work but I'd like to know how these window were originally put together. They used a good product to last all these years and none of the other windows in the coach are a problem.
Thanks
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
The extruded alum handle came off the driver's window on my Breakaway. I put it back on with a mallet, but recommend going to a commercial glass shop.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Hi Don and Mogan
I have had the same problem with my Regal
One window came off with the gasket and just tapped it back on and has held OK
The bedroom window when I bought the coach, the aluminum frame was off and the gasket was missing....went to the glass company and they said to use a very good clear silicon and attach. I used Geocel(sp) clear silicon and has so far held over a year.

Neil

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post