Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Roof A/C acted as if it lost power
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Roof A/C acted as if it lost power
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted
This fall I was working on the rear A/C unit to get it going or whatever, and I found a post (I thought on this site) about a failure on the control card inside the A/C unit. It described the failure as a burned out �land� or printed wire, or whatever you want to call it. Since it sounded like the way mine had failed, I took the A/C unit apart and examined the control board, but could find no burned out �land�. But what I did find was a soldered in fuse that was �expended�. So I got a replacement inline fuse holder and .5 amp glass fuse and soldered it in. in place of the blown out one and when I put it all back together, the A/C worked just as it should. Just a blown fuse. Here is a picture of what the fuse looks like, in case any one else has a �loss of power to A/C� problem.

------------------

89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited January 10, 2004).]

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Good trouble shooting, Jack.

What make and model is the AC?

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited January 10, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
The A/C unit is a Duo Therm and the model number is 610015.103.

The Barthmobile 'thread' that got me to this solution was �Coindence or ?� and the last post on the thread is the one that I found very helpful.

https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000410.html

[This message has been edited by Jack (edited February 27, 2004).]

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack you are a lifesaver, plus a cash saver. Folled your instuctions, took two times as my .4 amp fuse was loose in the solder and gave false readings of being good. Second try was a charm, soldered in an in line fuse holder and put in a .5 amp fuse.

Great news, all systems on rear AC function as new.

Thank you.

Jim

Posts: 5 | Location: Dayton, Ohio USA | Member Since: 11-06-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a great money saving tip. I had something weird happen with my Dometic AC roof unit the other day. Camping out in the desert I thought I would run the generator for a couple hr.s. since I almost never use it. A little while later I noticed the rear AC unit was "ON" but it wasn't blowing. The indicator lights seemed dim too. I tried changing switch positions with the same result. Finally I decided to reset the main circuit breaker and suddenly the AC unit turned on normally. Do breakers wear out?

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Breakers have a finite life. It depends on how many times they are reset, each time takes a little away. Check to see if there is extra load or if the starting load is working on the life. A breaker is more forgiving than a fuse so 110% will go thru but it will become additive so at some point a 30 amp breaker will drop out at 25 amps.
Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I'm digging up an old thread... However, this is exactly the issue that I'm having right now..with the same exact unit! I have powers to the roof top unit and to the board on top, but nothing happens. I tried going back to the post that is linked on this thread with no luck, may have been removed. Can someone please help? I'm looking for a picture of the inline fuse.. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 4 | Location: West Virginia | Member Since: 07-09-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
welcome to Barthmobile. I don't have a pic of the Duo=Therm control board (I tired of dealing with those wretched units). However, most PCBs have component ID's silkscreened on the component side. Look for "F1" or "F"; fuses sometimes have glass housings.

Resistors will have colored stripes, and diodes are black with a silver stripe. Both would be about the same size as a fuse envelope.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, I'm headed out there now! I'll let you know of the progress. Thanks!

Posts: 4 | Location: West Virginia | Member Since: 07-09-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok so I looked at the board.. I didn't see any "F" terminals... But I did find a glass terminal.. Is that it? Between the two Green terminals?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Please follow the directions on these pages for further picture postings. There are a few other suggestions and instructions on our site also. If you are still unable to grasp the information, I can show you how. Send me your contact information in a Private Message thru this website, by clicking on my name to open the private message dialog box.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Matt4469, Thank you for your diligent search in resurrecting the old air conditioner posting. Resurrecting this old post helps keep our archives in order. It opens up chances for new ideas on an old problem.

Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
These people repair that board. http://dukeautomation.com/product-category/duo-therm/.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info! I was hoping the original poster would have the pictures he posted originally. Seems like he had the "fix". The old post the he referred to was deleted it seems.