Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    message for Bill H
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

message for Bill H
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Bill I was able to get the engine code off the Barth the code is 3970010 which according to the mortec site is either a 302 1969z28(I wish)69,70 327 trucks and Industrial or a 69-80 350.My next question is to where do I aquire the Head casting num. Which I'm not sure will help me much seeing that the heads have been replaced.I did manage to get the manifold cast # 6263751 which most likely was the original can I find out what engine it was from the manifold # ? also the typrwritten sticker above the drivers side says the Barth was born on Nov.29 1971.the vin#71121025mc25l as to what I'm hearing a Barth of this size didn't come with a small block. 25' limited any additional help would be greatly appreciated.THANKS.

Posts: 9 | Location: WEBSTER N.Y. U.S.A. | Member Since: 05-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
First rule in Barths: They made almost anything. Someone later could have changed over, but that seems a little unlikely. Roy and I are of similar opinion on the small block, properly modified.

Don't wish for a 69 Z28 302. That was a terrific entine for a hot rod, but not a heavy RV. Power band is all wrong. A friend had trouble towing a dune buggy with his.

The head numbers should be visible after removing the valve covers, usually near the center.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post