Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Bumper
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bumper
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I dinged my rear bumper on my beautiful 93 Breakaway, any one know where I might find one. Thanks Joe, GA.

Posts: 13 | Location: Fayetteville, Ga. 30215 USA | Member Since: 07-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
This guy Dan Robinson has two new bumpers for sale.

Dan Robinson, phone 574-267-3427 Cell 574-551-8814

I would however, first check with your body and fender guy. It is unbelievable what they can do with aluminum. My guy says they can take two pieces put them together and you wouldn't be able to tell.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave, really appreciate that, I am trying to contact him now. Joe Shepherd

Posts: 13 | Location: Fayetteville, Ga. 30215 USA | Member Since: 07-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On a trip last summer I pulled into a truck stop and discovered there was only diesel dispenced their and I had to pull onto the car island for gas. The area was very tight and I asked the attendant to wave to me when we were past the Pipe barrier as we pulled forward to leave. The attendant waved and I turned hard left and we were about two inches to short to make the turn and caught the right rear bumper on the pipe barrier. With the bumper bent back about 18 inches and the metal torn, we continued on our way.
Now finding a new bumper for a 1990 33 foot Barth Regal is a whole new experience. I went to Barthmobile.com and found a few sources which turned out to be depleted. By computer and telephone, I made contact with ex employees of Barth Motor co., RV salvage yards, and other hopeful sources in the USA and Canada, all to no avail.

While driveing into Boise, Id. I saw a bumper re-chrome truck and went after it. The driver stopped and we talked and I explained the problem to him. He said his company, Salt Lake City Chrome, could straighten and weld an aluminum bumper but they could not re-chrome it as this is a whole different proses for aluminum. He picked up the bumper and we got it back two weeks latter. By computer imaging they were able to rebuild the bumper to its exact original shape and weld the torn section and polish it out. They did all of this including shipping for $170.00. I was ready to pay four to five times this amount.

Salt Lake City Chrome can be contacted at 1-801-355-2864.

Ellis in Boise, keeper of OlRoys Barth

Posts: 3 | Location: Boise, ID | Member Since: 11-30-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that report. It's great when a member has such a positive experience that they wish to share.

Within the last few months there has been a listing of 2 coaches that were being stripped of good parts. You could have had 4 bumpers with those 2 coaches. Shipping on the other hand might have cost more than the $170 quoted above.

My suggestion for anyone wanting a Barth Bumper and the above doesn't apply. List your request in the Swap Meet Central Forum.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dinged my rear bumper on my beautiful 93 Breakaway, any one know where I might find one. Thanks Joe, GA.

Joe,

For a small ding you might get creative and install a pair of backup lights that conveniently cover , a plate bracket, etc. It's a bit like cheating, but it is all about covering up a cosmetic blemish anyway. In other words, it's not a structural issue.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post