Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Adding another air conditioner
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Adding another air conditioner
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I have just one AC in the living room. I am thinking of adding another in the center bedroom. I have a 12v fan there now. How much of a chance is there that there is 120 VAC already up there? Any thoughts on that?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Dave, it's likely to be there. I've had several RVs, and even the cheapies were already wired. Pull the vent frame off, and fish around the opening.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave If you'd like, I could bet some hard measurments on the location of the rear conditioner . I bet that there is 120 volt wiring already there. Since we live in a cool climate we don't use the units. Maybe if we get down in the warmer areas of Ore. we might need them.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dave, Does your coach have 30 or 50 amp service? Do you plan on running them both at the same time?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks,

Bill I have 50 amp. Dennis as far as the heat is concerned, it is the humidity that is the big thing here. Last year we went to Green Lake, WI (beautiful place, visit there sometime) and it was around 90 deg with high humidity. We just couldn't get things comfortable during the day. Of course, by midnight we were freezing.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post