Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Help with a Control
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Help with a Control
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted
My '96 Barth has a small round-key switch to the left of the entry door. It has a red LED and a green LED. The red is lit all time. But when I insert the key and turn a quarter turn, the green LED also comes on. The key cannot be removed until turned back to the original position.

What does it do??

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Alarm came to mind, but if it is, I have not a clue how it might work!

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I think it cuts powers to your electrice fuel pump. At least, I think someone told me that once. So even if an evildoer got in they couldn't drive away.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave! What if your inside sleeping? Mine has the same type alarm (I suppose). Look underneath the (fold down extention to cabinet) there is the same control as outside
except (no key required); it has a toggle switch to engage/disengage; also look underneath the overhead cabinet in bedroom..you should find a (small white button) to press...you must lay on the bed to locate it...it's in the center.. If someone is doing NO NOs outside..press this button and listen to the horns, lights etc.

Al Benton
88 Regency 40' 300T CAT

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I have a switch plate with push button and toggle switch. It appears to be associated with the control outside by the door, because when I turn the keyed outside switch, the red light inside extinguishes. But nothing happens in either switch position when I push the button.

?????????

Perhaps my module has been disconmnected or is defective.

have any idea what the alarm module looks like (mfg name, or other id), and where it is located?

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
your alarm is by nobi .the key is a moment key turn right to 3 and back 12 it is now on .your pad in your rv when you push the button it is on .push it is off switch is for your floor up floor is on. step on floor your alarm will go off. push off look for it by your switch box i hope this helps you if you need more call me 845 794 5021 your barth friend carl

------------------

Posts: 29 | Location: forestburgh n.y usa | Member Since: 01-06-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo!!! Reached Nobi via email, and they are sending op manual and troubleshooting guide!!

Thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction!!