Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Generator Dragging
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Generator Dragging
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
My day started with no 12 volts in cabin. Genset was running and A/C were cooling great. Upon troubleshooing, I found a circuit breaker popped in the genset cavity along the back wall. After resetting it - we had 12v vols again - simple fix ... Nothing is simple .... next day genset grunted and groaned and wouldn't hardly turn ove but it did and ran all day. Same thin next day but upon futhe investigation - found one terminal of one of my T105s almost burned off and the battery was extremely hot. My guess is that the genset is drawing a hugh amount of current in an attempt to start and fried the terminal..

So my question is : 1. can the starter on the onan 6500w enerald genset be replaced 2. what else could be the problem. 3. does anyone know where to obtain a replaement short of driving to onam repair shop

thanks.....

Russell and Donna
1988 GM 454 powered 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a battery shorted out internally to me, electrical problems most often manifest themselves where the problem is. How old are the batteries?

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
The t106's are less than 2 years old. connected my ford f250 super duty directly to starter terminals and genset was still dragging and truck batteries were starting to get warm. I'm certain it is in the genset starter. any help on replacement starter info would be helpful

thanks

Russell and Donna
1988 GM 454 powered 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post