Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Vacuum gauge readings
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Vacuum gauge readings
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I found these on the net. It is the vacuum readings and what they mean. Good information to have. This will give everyone more MPG!

http://207.239.146.22/edstractorweb/Ford%20Tractors/Servic e%20Specifications/vacuum%20gauge%20diagnostic%20chart.jpg

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited September 04, 2005).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Nice link, Bill. Before the Allen or Sun scope, all mechanics had was a vacuum gage and a compression gage. The rest was experience and hunches.

It is interesting to note that the DC6 had ignition analyzers since WWII, but it took years for automotive mechanics to accept that technology. Now, with modern vehicles, you need a laptop to figger out what is broke.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YEP, times have changed. Living on route 66 in Bloomington, IL in the 50's and the speed limit signs read, REASONABLE and PROPER. We set our timing by putting in HIGH gear and at approx. 40mph we would put the PEDAL to the METAL and if we heard a slight PING we felt we were just right. Sure did a lot of drag racing and TOP end stuff on 66. The Unser's used Bloomington as their summer camp and I learned a lot of little speed tricks from them. Oh the so called GOOD OLD DAYS. I can't believe I lived through all the stuff I did. Someone was looking after me, and my brother Glen, the other half of SMITHBROTHER.

Dale

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited September 04, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited September 04, 2005).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post