Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Leaks from antenna
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Leaks from antenna
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted
I have a winguard sat dish and bat wing. With these Florida rains I now have a wet wife when we stop. I did run the bat wing up and down, and now the condensation drips from the crank. Also water comes in the sat wires. Do these have seals that go bad with time. They are both19 years old.
Thanks
Wayne

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Offhand, I would say you will need to go up on the roof and have a close look at the seals around those devices. When was the last time the roof was re-sealed?

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue the other day with water from the condensate where the antenna goes thru the roof leaking into the barth. I knew it was that as it was under a carport cover.

So, I was wondering how one seals the Barth roof? I know it does not have those rubber or whatever covers like newer and conventional RVs. Mine has been under cover for at least 7 years but is sitting out now because my RV docking station at my son's house has a muddy trail to the street and I pulled it out in case Issac starts making eves at me.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eyes at me lol

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere wrote a nice step by step thread on roof sealing with pictures. I don't have the link to it handy, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere roof coating

Jim and Tere

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Use some Dicor Lap Sealant around the cables,....good stuff.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere

Thanks a million for these pictures and info. I will be following this when doing mine. (after finding someone I can trust to do it right for me as I do not do heights anymore....

Tom Taylor