Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Battery disconnect issue
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Battery disconnect issue
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted
Ok guys,...I have had a few issues with my batteries and my alternator had to be replaced as a result (for the second time). I guess I am ready now to solve the problem that started all of this. Roll Eyes I park the Barth for around a week at a time and then I fire it up for a spell to stretch her legs. Lately I notice there is a beeping sound due to low battery. This means I am draining my power from somewhere which is the first problem but I have a buddy coming over to my shop to help me solve that problem so I wont trouble you guys with that. The other problem is my Battery disconnect mechanism. I can turn the chassis power on and off at will and it works fine. The coach switch will not shut off and the light stays on all the time. (If the dang thing worked, I probably would'nt be too worried about the first issue). I will say that there is a louder click from the engine compatment area when I click the chassis side than the coach. Upon further observation I can see the units that click when the switch is activated.

Are these Silanoids (Yeah I know it is spelled wrong) or relays or what? Also..

Is there a common reason for this problem to happen?

Thanks.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Gorman Newman
posted Hide Post
Kris, I have had an issue with the batteries for the generator not staying charged. The main battery stays okay but the generator (which has the two batteries) will crank fine for quite a while and then bam (to quote Emeril) can't start em unless I hook up the ol battery charger. Is that what yours is doing? I just had my starter replaced and fuel pump replaced on the generator, it only has 900 hours on it.

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01

Posts: 61 | Location: Panama City Beach, Florida | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a tune up is in order. It should not have so much trouble starting and it sounds like this is the reason for your starter going. Also the battery should probably be replaced before you loose the alternator and give yourself an even larger problem. By the way, 900 hours is nothing for that generator I am thinkin. I have 4200 hours on mine Eeker

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post