Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    leveler blocks
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

leveler blocks
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
When in my driveway, I need to raise the left side about 5".. Do I need to put leveler blocks under all three rear tires or just the dual axel?

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Much has been put forth lately about leveling, and although I can't answer your question directly, I saw a pretty good deal in this months Camping World flier on the scissor jacks being talked about on this site. Not trying to advertize for these guys but they seem to have what we want and are fair priced. If you're not in a hurry I'll let you know how these jacks work out for me when they get here.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kc_rusty:
When in my driveway, I need to raise the left side about 5".. Do I need to put leveler blocks under all three rear tires or just the dual axel?

Weight on all three is best. Both drive wheels is very good. Only one drive wheel is a no no.

However, you might be able to get away without using blocks under the tag wheel. Put the coach up on blocks under both drive wheels, and try putting the normal amount of air in the tag bag on that side. If the tag axle does not bottom out, you will be OK.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post