Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Light Bulbs
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Light Bulbs
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Does anyone know where to get replacement bulbs for the rear docking lights on a 94 Breakaway? They were apparently made by Ring and are halogen bulbs with two exposed wire terminals. We are also in need of replacement bulbs for the courtesy lights mounted close to the floor on the interior of the coach. They use a long tubular shape bulb.

Posts: 52 | Location: Staunton VA | Member Since: 01-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Stuallen,

The halogen bulbs can be had at most automotive parts supply stores. The halogen bulb come intact with the metal bulb base and replaces as a unit. Pull one out and take it with you to the store. When replacing the new one, don't touch the bulb with your bare hands. fingerprints will cause bulb failure.

I replaced the courtesy lights with new bulbs that I bought at Radio Shack. I dug the old one out of its silicone embedded shield and rewired the new bulb. They work fine and the bulb only cost about $2.00 each. They were 12 volt and I think .5 Milliamp rating??? I'm unsure of the rating, and since my coach is in storage, I can't check it out for you. If you want more detailed support, email me.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
"When replacing the new one, don't touch the bulb with your bare hands. Fingerprints will cause bulb failure."

Indeed, the acid in your skin oils will cause a stress crack in the hot glass later on.

If you DO touch the glass, clean it with isopropyl alcohol. Rubbing alcohol contains glycerine, which is not good for the bulb. either. Read the label.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pointers. I'd tried several auto parts stores but I didn't take the metal socket with me. I'll try again. It's a riot to see the look on the clerk's face when you tell them it's for a Barth. Most of them seem to think it must be some sort of space shuttle.

Posts: 52 | Location: Staunton VA | Member Since: 01-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post