Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    REAR INNER WHEEL OIL SEAL
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

REAR INNER WHEEL OIL SEAL
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of mobilewelder
posted
HOWDY FROM TEXAS, I'M HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE CORRECT INNER WHEEL OIL (GREASE) SEAL FOR MY 1987 BARTH 8.2 DEISEL 36 FOOT GILLIG CHASSIS MOTOR HOME. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHERE I CAN FIND THE CORRECT OIL SEAL FOR MY RIG??

Posts: 3 | Location: PORT ISABEL TEXAS | Member Since: 08-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Does it have a number on it?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
The number of the bearing and seal is in the Gillig Chassis Manual in a 3 ring binder. You can call Gillig and they will sell you the exact replacemnt or if you can read the universal number stamped on the bearing race you can take it to any bearing supply house and they can cross the bearing number to the correct seal.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mobilewelder:
HOWDY FROM TEXAS, I'M HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE CORRECT INNER WHEEL OIL (GREASE) SEAL FOR MY 1987 BARTH 8.2 DEISEL 36 FOOT GILLIG CHASSIS MOTOR HOME. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA WHERE I CAN FIND THE CORRECT OIL SEAL FOR MY RIG??

Welcome, tex. Wink
We are (usually) a friendly bunch. So, there is no reason TO YELL AT US. nono

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Welcome, tex. Wink
We are (usually) a friendly bunch. So, there is no reason TO YELL AT US.

Mogan David,

But isn't that the way all Texans speak? ROTFLMAO

Welcome aboard mobilewelder!

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mobilewelder
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK AND WELCOME WAGON! GLAD TO BE ON BOARD AND I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP.
I'LL CHECK THE RACE AND SEE IF I CAN FIND A NUMBER ON IT. I'VE BEEN HAVING LOTS OF TROUBLE FINDING THE PART LOCALLY. SINCE THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME, WHAT IS THE CORRECT PHONE NUMBER TO CALL TO FIND BARTH PARTS?
SORRY ABOUT THE LARGE PRINT BUT ITS MUCH EASIER FOR ME TO READ IT. (MAKING SURE I WRITE IT CORRECTLY).
GAD TO MEET YA'LL!

Posts: 3 | Location: PORT ISABEL TEXAS | Member Since: 08-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
GILLIG
Parts Department
P.O. Box 3008
Hayward, CA 94540-3008
Phone:  (510) 264-5160
Fax:  (510) 887-0981
Email: parts-sales@gillig.com
They will ask for your VIN number to get your parts.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums, mobilewelder....

As you can see, folks seem to jump right in when a Barth coach or trailer owner needs some help. As for the LARGE TYPE, if it helps you to read then have at it. Besides, your typeset is about as big as my hearing aids!

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mobilewelder
posted Hide Post
THANKS TOM! I'LL GIVE EM A CALL TOMORROW.