Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Ho Ho Ho
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ho Ho Ho
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Ron, what model Flowmasters did you install?

How do you like the sound?

Did the exhaust improve mileage?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, as was talked about previously, the tendency to drive a little faster since the engine is not as strained, sort of cancels out the effect. Actually, my coach seems to be at the same comfort level now running 65 as it was prior to the mods running 55.

Cannot tell which series of Flowmaster I have. Oval shape, 2.5" inlet and 2.25" outlet it appears. The name and a series of patent numbers are all that is visible on the cannister.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bill h. I went with the 50 series Flowmasters,not too loud for my taste also i turned pipes out just in front of rear tires.I still run stock manifolds with 6" air duct for cooling each side. BRES

Posts: 37 | Location: St. Paul. Mn. USA | Member Since: 04-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bres. I am running cheapie turbos, but may do Flowmasters in the future. Just trying to get a feel for which model.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take a closer look (or ask the shop) which series these are. They do have noticable bark at 3500 and above. The interior noise has increased over the stockers.

Not a scientific test, but the mpg appears to be around a 1mpg increase. I did force myself to observe my conservative driving style through one tank of fuel and she was running 8.5 whereas on the same roads last year I ran between 7 and 8.

Next step, ignition system mods. :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, almost forgot have some 40s on my 66 caprice with a 427 a litte louder,but a sweet sound. BRES

Posts: 37 | Location: St. Paul. Mn. USA | Member Since: 04-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post