Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    91 Breakaway rotor part number
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

91 Breakaway rotor part number
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am having front brake work done on my 28' 91 Breakaway. The garage is having a hard time finding Rotors for it. They found the brake pads no problem. NAPA is trying to find the rotors via the casting number. Does anyone happen to know the NAPA part number?

1991 28' Breakaway
5.9L 6B5.9 Cummins, Allison
Spartan chassis

Posts: 17 | Location: Hilo HI | Member Since: 03-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
This thread might help.

And welcome to the Forum!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found the part number for front rotors. Raybestos part number 7979. Here is a link to Partsamerica showing it: Rotor

1991 28' Breakaway
Spartan chassis

Posts: 17 | Location: Hilo HI | Member Since: 03-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some more brake part numbers.
Bendix brake pads part number: MKD149FM
Front wheel seal part number: 27452

1991 28' Breakaway
Spartan chassis

posted Hide Post
And am happy to be able to contribute to the forum. It has been very helpful to me and my Barth!

1991 28' Breakaway
Spartan chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Be careful, if that picture is correct (most parts catalog pictures are ify)it will not fit my breakaway, the rotor shown has a 8 bolt pattern and my Breakaway has only 6 lug bolts.

The rotor that fits mine is a special order from most brake supply houses and is NOT a standard that most carry. The rotor is set up for an ABS ring (mine doesn't have ABS) and has a slightly different dimension on the hat.

IIRC I paid about $160 each. I will try to dig up the part number tomorrow.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Part number for the rotors that I got for my 93/94 Breakaway are:

ECD 23-123460-002

They were $161.78 ea.

I checked with NAPA and they can not cross that number.

I would suspect that yours being a 28 foot would not have the same rotor as the ones I have.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My '94 has eight-lug wheels, so JT may have the right part.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty, do you happen to know what size your rotors are?

Was surprised to hear you have 8 bolts, I have seen most 30 foot and some 32 foot Breakaways with 6 bolts, even some with 22.5 wheels.

Your wheels are 19.5 right?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mostly I had a cranial-rectal insertion - I was moving the old wheels from my now-sold SOB around today (8-lug 16.5 obsolete wheels - which I replaced - still have the detritous) and got fixated on those - my Breakway has 6 lugs....1-1/8", IIRC (can't trust that).

Yep, mine has also the 19.5" wheels. I can check the rotor diameter tomorrow...I do know they're vented front and back...the sucker has brakes nearly as effective as my Lexus. Unless the serpentine belt breaks, then it's about the same as the '36 Ford dump truck I used to drive.

BTW, did you ever solve the tail-wag issue in yours?

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
I have about 80% wag gone. Still have some and i think it is the tire combination that i am running.

I have replaced the track bar which was really shot, had over 1/2 inch play (1/4 inch in each end, probably helped the most) replaced all spring eyes and tightened them under full load so that the rubber inserts are not under any stress at normal ride heights, reset the airbag positions, replaced the shocks with Bilsteins. Have experimented with tire pressure, and now looking at ways to move weight from the rear to the front. Those 4 golf cart batteries in the back don't help.

It is a lot better but there is still room for improvement. I am looking to replace the hubs all around and converting to 8 bolt hubs and wheels, with those I can get wheels that are 7 inches wide and would put on G rated tires 245R7019.5 . I can not find any 7 inch wide 6 bolt wheels, what we have (6 inch) is the only size.

I will be looking into this after the tires get toward end of life.

My brakes are really good also, these are air/hydraulic and can darn near throw you into the windscreen. New pads all around, new front rotors, front master cylinder, complete flush with DOT 4, bled, bled, and re-bled!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

posted Hide Post
Yes I do have 8 bolts on mine. FYI, I did not buy the parts from the links I put in above, just did that for a reference. The rotor was actually bought at local NAPA store and they fit just fine. I have 19.5 wheels also.

1991 28' Breakaway
Spartan chassis

posted Hide Post
I had to replace the front rotors because they were warped badly causing steering wheel to wobble radically when hitting brakes at 45 - 55 MPH. They could not resurface them and keep em legal.

I had to take it back to the shop today because was worried about loud screeching noise from new brakes. They tore it all down and checked surfaces etc and found no problems. They say to let them break in for 50 miles or so. Also learned they installed "Ambulance" pads which are supposed to be more heavy duty but can be more noisy. He said if the noise does not go away or get to an acceptable level he will swap them out with standard pads.

1991 28' Breakaway
Spartan chassis