Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    security system
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

security system
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
I noticed that my Barth has pickup sensors on each bay door and the main door that look like what you find in a home style security system (windows, etc). Yet, I see no control for this. Does any one have a coach with this? Maybe I have misidentified what I am looking at.

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If not a security system, could they be for a warning light to let you know a door is open before you take off?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
In our 93 Regency the "control" is only a switch located on the end of curb side overhead cabinets just inside the door. It is a stainless steel panel about the size of a switch cover. The system is armed by pushing in a white button. There are two lights, one red and one green. When armed the red light illuminates and when not armed the green light illuminates. There is also a small toggle switch which can take the floor sensors out of the system so it can be armed while someone is inside and moving about. There is also a panel just outside the door which is key operated and has the same two lights. Additionally there is a panel under the overhead cabinets in the bedroom similar to the one in the front only without the small toggle switch. That allows the system to be armed/disarmed from the bedroom. The floor sensors I mentioned above are two mats, one in front of the couch and one in the bedroom, that will cause the system to alarm if someone steps on the floor above them. I hope this all helps.

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention where the rest of the system is. In our regency the sensors are all terminated in a panel located in the electrical compartment located under the bed and in front of the the engine compartment. The system is by Nobi. I have a little information on the system including the wiring color coding if you would be interested.

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post