Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    454 P30, 1984...where is the fuel filter?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

454 P30, 1984...where is the fuel filter?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My buddy Don is on-the-road and experiencing symptoms of a blocked fuel filter on his 1984 Regal. I didn't remember if there were multiple filters or where the filter(s) was located. Seem to recall a "rock-type" in the carb body, but not where the in-line cannister is located.

Any info will be appreciated......

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ron:
My buddy Don is on-the-road and experiencing symptoms of a blocked fuel filter on his 1984 Regal. I didn't remember if there were multiple filters or where the filter(s) was located. Seem to recall a "rock-type" in the carb body, but not where the in-line cannister is located.

Any info will be appreciated......

Hi Ron, if the 84 Regal is the same as our 88 there will be a large fuel filter, which is easy to spot, under the coach just forward of the side door. I've had good luck finding them at farm implement dealers. There is another filter at the carb on ours. Chances are good the big filter under the coach has caught most of the contamination before getting to the carb. Good luck

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll pass this on to DoG.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
The filter on the carb looks like a large nut if you have the Q-jet. My in line filter on my 86 is located on the frame rail on the passenger rail of the frame. Even with both of these filters my carb, which I just had rebuilt, had dirt in it. I'm thinking about installing another in line filter up close to the engine that well be easy to get to. There is a sock type filter inside the gas tanks that will cause problems sometimes. It is mounted on the pick-up tube. You have drop the tank to get at it. That can be a real pain. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
My '85 Regal has a filter near the gas tank, just before the electric fuel pump. The ceramic type filter lies in the Quadrajet carb just after the fuel line.

------------------
Eddie Chevalier
'85 Barth Regal 28' P-30 454
'91 Honda Accord/'87 Yamaha YSR 50 Toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
One thing that I forgot to mention was that if you have a crack in your rubber gas line it can cause symptoms like a plugged filter. I had that problem on the old Barth and it caused all sorts of problems before I found the source. Make sure that all the connections are tight and not sucking air.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I passed on the info to Don via voice-mail. Haven't heard from him since the initial post so I assume he is either rolling down the road, or kickin' back in a fancy bordello somewhere awaiting road service.......

posted Hide Post
I don't think its the fuel filters, now. Check out my new thread topic on "Alernator vs. Voltage Regulator" and see if you can help me find the Gremlin before MR. Goodwrench gets too deep in my pockets.
Thanks,
Don
84' Regal 28
P-30/454 Chevy

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post