Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Wiper replacements
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Wiper replacements
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have recently acquired a 1979 Coach, and I'm still trying to find that darn tag everyone keeps talking about that will let me know the model Smiler Maybe I'll find it when it gets outta the shop Wink I gotta find soe wiper blades for it too...it currently has the old metal ones that were supposed to only replace the rubber blades....only replacements i can find are the modern plastic style and the mounts dont line up correctly. anyone have any suggestions on a retro fit or such?
Thanks a milli!

Posts: 1 | Location: EARTH | Member Since: 06-10-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
If you search recent posts, you will see discussion of blades, as in the thread directly below this one. The data tag should be in the vicinity of the wall by the drivers seat. Might be hidden by WS drape. In the 1997 I saw recently, it was inside overhead cab. On that wall.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
A neat feature on our site is the image you see at the top of this page - the one of the Barth in a state of repair

Go all of the way up and click on the image of the wiper arm - you'll be taken to a page that discusses the wiper blades in great detail

welcome to the site!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
O M G !
I didn't know that.
Thank you for the enlightenment.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
Thank you for the enlightenment.
No problem NEWB Big Grin

Anyone can request that I link a certain part of that image to a post. I've also been known to add things to that picture and then post a link to the discussion.

So, if someone has a neat post they want linked, let me know. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I just did a mod on mine and it was very easy and works well. If you have the same type of arm. Give it a try. This is what I did.
My arm has one very small bolt which holds the blade assembly to the arm. On my original design the arm has a bracket on the end that wraps around the top of the blade assembly and the bolt passes through both. Well I just chose a modern off the shelf blade assembly and removed the plastic hook receiver for the newer type arms and now the bracket that was on the outside is now sandwiched between the frame of the new assembly. I needed to purchase slightly longer bolt and I also put a small washer on each side between the arm and the blade assembly. I also did one moe thing. I've always thought the spring tension was a bit much so I added a small link to release some tension. Also there is a small hole on one side of the arm near the hinge that works great for holding the blades away from the windshield when cleaning or when in storage. Just pull the wiper out and insert a small nail in the hole.
Hope this helps

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shtym:
I just did a mod on mine and it was very easy and works well. If you have the same type of arm. Give it a try. This is what I did.
My arm has one very small bolt which holds the blade assembly to the arm. On my original design the arm has a bracket on the end that wraps around the top of the blade assembly and the bolt passes through both. Well I just chose a modern off the shelf blade assembly and removed the plastic hook receiver for the newer type arms and now the bracket that was on the outside is now sandwiched between the frame of the new assembly. I needed to purchase slightly longer bolt and I also put a small washer on each side between the arm and the blade assembly.

A picture would be nice.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll try to send picture soon

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
My arm has one very small bolt which holds the blade assembly to the arm. On my original design the arm has a bracket on the end that wraps around the top of the blade assembly and the bolt passes through both. Well I just chose a modern off the shelf blade assembly and removed the plastic hook receiver for the newer type arms and now the bracket that was on the outside is now sandwiched between the frame of the new assembly. I needed to purchase slightly longer bolt and I also put a small washer on each side between the arm and the blade assembly.
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
A picture would be nice.
quote:
I'll try to send picture soon
Here they are... sitting so lonely in the photobucket account for a few days now. Superman

quote:
I also did one moe thing. I've always thought the spring tension was a bit much so I added a small link to release some tension.

It looks like you have a "Quick Link Coupler" in there.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
Yes, I added the quick link because I thought the tension was too great and just flattening out the blades. Easy fix and works great.