Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    12 Volt Cutoff Switch
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

12 Volt Cutoff Switch
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted
On my 92 Breakaway the 12 volt cutoff never worked right. You had to flip it a few times to get it on. Now it doesn't want to work at all. You can hear it click in the back of the coach ,like a selnoid but no 12 volts. Has anybody had the problem and know how it works? Or how to get around it for a couple of days.

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
Couldn't wait to have someone explain what my problem was, Has nobody experienced this problem? I wanted to use it this weekkend and would like to have it fixed

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
HI, I just got back from my race weekend and saw your post.

YES I have had this problem, that is why I re-designed the system to use a "no power" contactor. But I did find the relay at a local RV shop.

When I had this problem on the road, I banged the relay with a shoe (brogan adjust) and it seemed to work for awhile.

I believe that this is the realy that you are going to find trouble with, I don't have a part number and it may be in a different location then mine.

If you can't find the relay in your area let me know and I can get you in contact with the local RV shop here.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
Looks like the same relay. I have two, one on top and one on bottom located in the switch box area at the foot of the bed. I have put a jumper across the two post for now , have thought maybe put a fuse in between for safety. Would appreciate any number you found on the relay.Looked for one and can't find one Thanks for the information.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem, the number was off as you can see in the photo, I didn't look at it, the guy called me after I had left to say they found it in their storage.

He is asking $90 for the relay and assures me that it is the same as the one i brought in, He did not give me the part number.

You can contact him at:
Recreational Vehicle Services Inc
(408) 227-1644
Ask for Robert.

If I may assist further let me know.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creepy Cawler:
Has nobody experienced this problem? I wanted to use it this weekkend and would like to have it fixed
I haven't been keeping up on the boards lately. life, wife, work, kids, sleep has been getting in the way. Big Grin

The relay is a constant duty solenoid. It is the same solenoid that is found on liftgate motors and other high amp, constant duty applications. They come in may flavors and shapes.

You should replace that relay with a "pulse relay" or a "latching relay" instead.

Try this link for some lite reading

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post