Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Emergency Brake Cable
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Emergency Brake Cable
 Login now/Join our community

<James W. Parker>
posted
The emergency brake cable on my 1986 28 ft.
Barth has become inoperable because of rust.
The body was built on a GM frame(454 engine).
The GM Part No. on th cable is 15625476 and the cable is 3/8" by 106 3/4" long.I am told by GM that the cable is no longer available and all other sources I have tried gives the same answer.I am stymed,and am turning to Barthmobile as a last resort.
Maybe some one is parting out some thing
similar?Thanks

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James,

If the cable casing is in good shape and only the actual cable is broken you might be able to get the cable and ends at a shop near an airfield, a sailboat shop or a good hardware store.

Near my home in Phoenix there is a shop that caters to small airplane repairs. This shop had all types of cable ends and cables and were willing to let me use their swaging tool to attach the cable ends.

Sailboats also use a variety of cables and ends. I have found these parts at large marine stores.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Member Since: 11-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James, in FUTURE turn to Barthmobile.com as FIRST RESORT. You will find a lot of good help, and most of the time it will save you something we all hold dear to our hearts. TIME, and MONEY. I wish you well, and don't be BASHFULL. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post