Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Clearbrook water filter?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Clearbrook water filter?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
So far, I am batting 1000. Found so many answers here for our week old Baby Barth (22ft).
However one more question--there is a separate faucet spout in the kitchen for a water filter. The filter is a Clearbrook Bacteriostatic Water Treatment Unit.

So far I haven't found a replacement cartridge at Camping World, Lowes, Home Base, or online searching the internet.

I am assuming this was original equipment as everything else on this 1989 Barth seems to be.

Does anyone know where I might find a replacement cartidge. Did the Barth's come with this? Or was this an add-on by original owner?

It is a heavy filter, seems like a good one, but after 15 years I am sure it wouldn't filter and might actually be bad for the drinking water.

Posts: 9 | Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I would be very nervous about an old filter. Who knows what is breeding in there.

Call them at 800 433 8307.

Filter technology has leaped forward in the last few years. Perhaps you should consider a new filter system. My oldest son is a Navy Seal (and an engineer), and has to drink water in a lot of doubtful places. He has done a bit of research and recommends the combination of a Brita on the faucet and then a Pur pitcher. He has put together an Excel worksheet which I will send to anyone who wants it and can open an Excel document.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited April 16, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filters are available. Go to www.h2owarehouse.com/clear-brook.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did try that site, but only found handheld water bottles. No under the counter Clearbrook.
We just modifed the plumbing and put in an icemaker filter from Lowes. It won't filter as much but at least is useable now.

Posts: 9 | Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
You should drive your coach once a week.

You should run the generator once a month.

Add "run water through the filter" to that list. Weekly.

I had a trailer in a park on the Colorado river for 20 years, and used filters. The filter sitting in the 120 deg heat always had crud growing in it if I wasn't out there for a couple of weekends. I finally installed the filter vertically and put in a drain cock before the filter so I could drain it on leaving. Bakersfield gets hot, too.

Paranoid? Perhaps, but you never know what is in the water out there. Have you ever camped with a big dog with diarrhea?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you ever camped with a big dog with diarrhea?[/B]

Bill, I didn't know you knew my ex-wife?
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have an undercounter Clearbrook bar tap filter. The Company has been developing water filter formulas since 1984 and redeveloped the whole line in 93-94. Today the technologies are in their 3rd and 4th generations. The filters are streamline now so they will look different but the connections and/or replacement filter or cartridge is available. The formulas are bacteriostatic which means these filters prevent mitosis or the colonization of microorganisms within the filter. Clearbrook is an EPA registered formulator and manufactures fixtures for every use and application. The general consumer profits website has an ecommerce store @:

http://Clearbrook.net/

Hope this helps

Posts: 1 | Location: Alabama | Member Since: 12-04-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post