Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Generator inf.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Generator inf.
 Login now/Join our community

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I have a '90 Regal SE with an odometer that reads 6200 some miles. Of course, the original odo broke at 52000 something, so it really has 59K + or -. Might be the same kind of deal on your 16K, 1980s job.

I second Rusty's opinions. They don't get better sitting. You're better off if it actually has 116K miles.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"...the second thing you would look for to try to confirm actual mileage?"

If it has a generator time (hourly) meter check that. A coach with a lot of hours, e.g. more than 500, will have been used on a lot of trips ergo more than 16K miles.
This is not a reliable mileage factor but if it has less than 50 hours it probably has a true 16,000 miles - which ain't good.
PS: Anyone notice how smoothly I brought this topic back to the original "Generator"?

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post