Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    dash ac/defrost/heat/vent fan motor
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

dash ac/defrost/heat/vent fan motor
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted
While driving the interstate we had just the outside air vent with the fan on med (it was nice & cool outside). All felt good until the fan motor started making some loud noises and just that quick it sounded like the squirrel cage separated from the motor.
Upon checking out the location of where the fan motor would be I found a box behind and above the right headlight. It is located in a very tight location. Has anyone else had a problem like this and how hard was it to get into that box? It looks like the only way is from under the coach.
I also have to replace the control unit on the dash. Does anyone know what kind of replacement can be used there?

85 Barth Regency

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Acme Air inc.
79 North 10th Street
Kansas City, KS 66102
(913) 371-5373

This company bought out a company called ARA back in 1990. This company supplied a/c & heat units to a lot of the coaches. I talked to a lady there by the name of Cindy several years ago and was told they supplied the Barth Coach Company back in the day.

The control head part# 4100277 cost $166.45 That was for my 1991 Regal. Don't know if it's the same.

There web site also has manuals for downloading, troubleshooting tips, vacuum and wiring diagrams.

Ps. I couldn't find what I was looking for on there web site. I had to call to get the info as these parts are 15 to 20 years old.

Good luck.

http://www.acmeair.com/acme_airconditioning.htm

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.truckroadservice.com/

[IMG]http://truckroadservice.com/BDTRUCK.JPG"[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited January 02, 2006).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the dash control die last month on the way to Yuma, Arizona. I had the RV repair man look at it and he said that it is a standard Chevy part, he found a used one at a junk yard. The new (used) one looks much newer than the original.

My air is controled by a pump under the coach which cost me over $250.00 to order from the MCC parts man back east.

Jeff
1984 MCC.

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post