Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Bill H - Isolator vs. CD Solenoid
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bill H - Isolator vs. CD Solenoid
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Don,
I have a conceptual (my own) drawing in ‘jpg’ format, of my coach's 12-volt layout, I can send it to you, but I have no email address.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows,
I'd sure appreciate a wiring diagram appliciable to my 1984 (built 1983), 28' Regal P30/454!
Guess I was making mountin out of mole hill on the genset starter. I was getting no fire at either of the starter ignition switches. Finally found a blown, milkly white, buzz fuse in the ignition switchbox on the genset.... replaced it with a regular 15 amp buzz fuse and walla!...it fired right up.
Man, I'd still love to have a schematic of this thing, though.
Bill, I believe I'm getting the correct charge to the batts but I will go get a hydrometer if you'll tell me how to use it.
Thanks again,
Don

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogill:
Man, I'd still love to have a schematic of this thing, though.
Bill, I believe I'm getting the correct charge to the batts but I will go get a hydrometer if you'll tell me how to use it.
Thanks again,
Don

Don, need an Email address to send diagram.

As for a hydrometer, buy one with a thermometer. I saw one at Sears a while back.

Here is a good link:

http://www.trojan-battery.com/customercare_batterymaint4.html

A hydrometer can be used right after charging. If you have an accurate digital voltmeter, you need to wait three to six hours with the battery free of any charging or load to take a reading.

BTW, always be sure your battery is fully charged after a trip.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited March 05, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill,

My E-addy is dogill@bellsouth.net

Don

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post