Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Service manual
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Service manual
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Anyone know where I can get a factory service manual or a reprint? Schematics, component locations, specs, etc. I have found chassis info for the GM P30 but brake hoses, etc. are wrong ones. Need factory GM part numbers for what they used when building these. Anyone have the factory archives still? Can you help? Thanks!

Posts: 8 | Location: Newfane NY | Member Since: 06-24-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Check the "Ads, Documentation/Brochures..." forum.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
There is no Barth factory service manual. If you are lucky you might still have the factory binder that had manuals for appliances and accessories ( AC, water heater, furnace, fridge, Ect, ). Best service manual at this point is this website. Try searching on what you need.

When looking for chassis parts make sure there for the M.H. chassis and not just a P30. there are some difference. Ebay has light truck manuals for 1979s.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have the factory binder and accessory manuals. I ran a repair shop for years near a campground. Most motorhomes that came in for repairs had thick books listing schematics, factory part numbers, specs, capacities, etc. This Barth is beautiful except for the brakes and wiring. I want to restore the rats nest of wiring hanging under the dash and in the engine compartment. Too many corroded butt connectors to be reliable. I looked at wiring diagrams for P30 chassis and found no colors match my harness. I purchased brake hoses and radiator hoses for the P30 motorhome chassis and nothing fit! Does someone, somewhere have a master list of part #s that were used in the construction of these? If not I will post the part #s of what I find fits. Thanks.

Posts: 8 | Location: Newfane NY | Member Since: 06-24-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Most of the MH chassis were P32 I believe, but never had one.

Often times if you have a question just come into this forum and click on search. This will give you answers going back to beginning of time.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1186 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
1rst check your vin #. The year of the coach could be a year or two newer than the Chassis. If you have the Barth binder, that is all that Barth supplied. There is no Barth Factory Service Manual. Barth's were custom built. There are coaches built close to the same time that may have different brand water heaters, furnaces,fridges,gen sets, door style, AC, converters,awnings etc.

Although I have seen Coaches with similar floor plan, I have yet to see two Barth's that are alike.

floo

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
I have found that if you contact the chassis manufacturer with the VIN they can, and will, provide you with any and all data you need. At least that has been my experience with Spartan. They have provide data on air bags, fuel tank and fuel level sensor, air level control valves, schematics just to name a few. When I need to replace a part I call Spartan, give them the VIN, and they provide me with the part number I need. As for color coding of wires for the coach DC wiring I would imagine that Barth would have been somewhat consistent with that. I may have had my coaches DC wiring layouts from Barth put on this site. I will double check if not I will get that done. Fortunately Barth used top of the line equipment and most of them are still in business and can provide assistance.

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnny griner
posted Hide Post
Are the DVD's and binders still available for purchase? I sent some money via pay pal a couple of months ago and never heard anything back. I tried to send Bill a message (heard he is up to his neck busy), but I have not heard anything back. Not worried so much about the binder, but I would like the information on the DVD. Is it available for FTP or some such?

PayPal logo May 8, 2014 06:34:10 PDT
Transaction ID: 7DL01877HL956532R
Hello john griner,

You sent a payment of $55.00 USD to Bill Napolitano. ()

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
Bill Napolitano
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.
Shipping address - confirmed
john griner
5826 Castle Ln
Norcross, GA 30093-3801
United States
Shipping details
The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
barth binder and dvd
$55.00 USD 1 $55.00 USD
Subtotal $55.00 USD
Total $55.00 USD
Payment $55.00 USD

PayPal Email ID PP120 - 4afdce0a51f0

Posts: 18 | Location: Atlanta GA | Member Since: 05-08-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnny griner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Johnny,
This is the truth!! Search the site, and use a variety of search words. ADVANCED SEARCH is the best when used properly.

Oh, I got that Smiler No worries. I have read most of the entire 120 + pages (that seemed to have ANYTHING to do with my model. And I cut and pasted text articles and links to just everything that seemed to have to do with my p-30ish gasser (77 34T) Got about 15 pages of my own personal cd/dvd Smiler

But alas, i am an information junkie.

None the less, from the information I have documented and the list or todo's I have, I should have additional available time money and cycles around 2056 (at which point I will be 95 Smiler

Just want to be prepared...

Posts: 18 | Location: Atlanta GA | Member Since: 05-08-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnny griner
posted Hide Post
BTW, I got that pallet of 5 hour energy. Funny though, I must have the historical editions. THey are labeled "Sam Adams" cheers

jg

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Bill N Y has tasked me to PM him with anyone he overlooked. I'll send shortly.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of johnny griner
posted Hide Post
Thanks a Million, Rusty...

jg