Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Heater??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heater??
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Since I purchased our Barth just this past July I am still learning about the different heating sources. Today a couple looking for a Barth came over to look and discuss their buying a Barth when I discovered the heat ducts near the ceiling in the bath, closet,and bedroom. Bear in mind they are approx. 30 feet from the dash area so I was surprised to find the fan switch that controls such is on the dash. Above the radio is the automotive type heater, air control panel, and when I push in the chrome HEAT switch, and too push the switch that is located below but not part of the automotive panel the air moves out the upper grills in the bath, and also the bedroom. Is this a water system that is attached to the engine radiator? I have three separate L P furnaces, so am I correct in that this is coming from the engine water system? Thanks. Dale P. S. ron, just for the record this switch is CHROME not CROME. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I had a chrome switch, but it made the fan too fast, so I went back to plain black.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bill h. SMART MAN YOU IS, plus you knew BLACK holds the heat better. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your correct Dale. This heater gets its heat source from the radiator just as the hot water heater and the front heater(the one with the CHROME) This will keep the back of your coach warm while motoring down the highway. Ya gotta love these BARTHS.

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think ron is trying to start his scooter.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dale, This is one of the Motor Aid heaters that Barth used in their coaches. They are essentially like the traditional dash heater,circulating engine coolant, but located elsewhere in the coach. I have three plus one in the dash. One is in the water compartment, the second is a loop through the hot water heater and the third is located under the closet in the bathroom and blows out into the bed and bath area. The switch for the water compartment is located above my head in a panel by the drivers seat, the hot water heater loop is always open and the control for the rear unit is located on the lower dash section by the drivers right knee. I have no flow control on any of them, the water compartment is only on/off (one speed) and the rear heater has an on off switch and a three speed fan (L,M,H).

Hope this helps. Bill

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill G., so you are saying the water compartment has two heaters? The electric Dayton plus the engine water heater? So far I have found heat coming only from the near the ceiling regesters in the bath, closet area, and near ceiling in the bed area. Well also the dash area. On the center console area I have the automative type control that I push the CHROME heat in to turn on, and a rocker switch High/off/low below the CHROME push button. I understand now, and will check out the water compartment area. Thanks Bill. Dale

posted Hide Post
I ain't got a dog in this fight.
CHROME is crome is silver and it sticks like shoe-goo to metal is all I know.

Why you guys all doing the heater thing? I'm still running the AC units. Guess in a month or so I'll even have to close the roof-top vents. :-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ron, Glad your still kicking, and SWEATING. Some have all the luck. Dale

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dale, in my water compartment I have three sources of heat. One is the 120 volt Dayton heater. The second is the Atwood propane heater under the sofa which has a vent tube into the heater compartment. The third is the motor aid heater which is heated by engine coolant and has a 12 volt fan which is switched in the panel above the drivers seat.

This may be a result of my coach being ordered with a winter package.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post