Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    How to find part numbers for a 1973 Barth with Chevy 454 chassis?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

How to find part numbers for a 1973 Barth with Chevy 454 chassis?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Barry Morgan
posted
How to find part numbers for a 1973 Barth with Chevy 454 chassis?

I am wanting to get the brakes, suspension and drivetrain lined out before I work on the engine and house side of things for my "new" Barth.

I've decoded the Chevy partial vin, but not sure its really helpful beyond that.

CPZ373J115923
C = Chevrolet
P = Partial
Z = 454 Engine
3 = 1 Ton Series
7 = Motorhome
3 = 1973
J = Assembled In Janesville
115923 = Build Sequence

Are the from disc brakes really from a 1 ton truck parts?

I need a new ebrake cable, is that also a 1 ton or is it custom?

Also I have the 454, it needs headers / exhaust manifolds any suggestions?

I am considering replacing the belts and pulleys with a more modern system - anyone done this to increase performance?

And I like the idea of using propane addon as a switch to second backup fuel source, anyone do this to a Barth?

1973 25 Foot
P30 Chevy with 454
73021247MC25

Posts: 7 | Location: Issaquah, WA | Member Since: 06-08-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Rockauto.com and NAPA are good online sources for numbers as well as parts.

quote:
Also I have the 454, it needs headers / exhaust manifolds any suggestions?

I like Thorley headers, and X pipe, Afterburner mufflers and side dumps. Any good turbo muffler works OK, though. If you do not do X pipes, you might not want a turbo muffler with duals, as it has quite a hot rod sound.

quote:
I am considering replacing the belts and pulleys with a more modern system - anyone done this to increase performance?

Probably not worth the trouble and expense.

quote:
And I like the idea of using propane addon as a switch to second backup fuel source, anyone do this to a Barth?

There were a number of Canadian P30s with propane conversions. Maybe try a new thread with Canada or Canadian in the title to get the attention of Canadians who might have information.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Barry Morgan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rockauto.com

quote:
P30s

Ahh I think that was the magic numbers I needed to get my brain working right on this...

1973 CHEVROLET P30 VAN 7.4L 454cid V8 (Z)

I take it the drivetrains for these were partials for that.

Offhand does anyone know how to figure out the wheelbase of '73 25 foot chassis without being near it? I guess I should just measure the ebrake cable to see how long it is but that's a long drive for now.

1973 25 Foot
P30 Chevy with 454
73021247MC25

Posts: 7 | Location: Issaquah, WA | Member Since: 06-08-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post