Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    ALMOST READY TO GO
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

ALMOST READY TO GO
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
I have a question on our levelers are they air or hydraulic? If they are hyd.do I dump air first?and where is the oil added ? It seems that a the last one to go down is slow.they swing down and have a spring on them with a flat pad on them .I would like to make blocks to put under them so they don't stick out very far is this necessary?
thanks lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lenny, the levelers are hydraulic. The reservoir is a small tank located near the steering column that is accessible by opening the front grill. It will be on your right side as you face the coach. Blocks are not usually necessary unless you are on really unlevel ground or the ground is soft and you need a larger footprint.

When you turn the switch to the level position that is located on the controls it will dump the air as you level the coach.

I have found on ours that when you get ready to leave it is best to turn the level switch off and start the coach and let it build up normal air pressure before retracting the levelers. This will give you more ground clearance for the levelers to retract without binding against the ground.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
THANKS....... COACH IS GOING INTO NORTH TRAIL TODAY FOR THE SPEEDO .THIS WEEKEND IS IT,WE ARE ON OUR WAY MAYBE IF NORTHTRAIL FIXES IT RIGHT.
YOU GUYS ARE GREAT I WILL START ON THE GEN AFTER FIRST OUTING.I HAVE THREE NEW GAUGES TO HOOK UP HR METER OIL AND WATERTEMP. OLD ONES ARE OUT I HAVE THREE HOLES NO METERS
LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Lenny
The HWH owners handbook we got with our coach says to apply park brake, turn on ignition but do not start engine, dump air, turn on levelers switch and lower levelers. Get out and check that jacks are all pointing down before extending them to raise coach. It says to raise fronts or rears or side together to get smoother action. When lights are green you are level. If one jack is not down and coach is level, it should be lowered to touch ground for stability. Turn off leveler switch. Turn off ign.
To raise levellers.
Turn on engine to raise air pressure to normal operating range.
Put leveller controls in raised position. Again, doing this in pairs will give a smoother action. Get out and check all jacks are in retract position. Move controls to locked position and jacks-down warning light has gone off. Turn off leveller switch.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post