Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Shower diverter knob?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Shower diverter knob?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Our brand new to us 1989 22ft Barth has one of those bathtub/shower head combos with the diverter knob off. I know they are always breaking. The previous owners have used pliers to the point of rubbing off most of the plastic sticking out of the diverter value (so you can't get a grip on the stem part). Is there a fix for this? Do we need to buy a new faucet? If so, is there something better?
I got tired of buying the knobs for our soon to be sold (I hope) motorhome and screwed a nut on it. Worked well, but looks not so well.

Posts: 9 | Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
If you're talking about the little button on the faucet that you pull up to divert the water to your shower head, a friend of mine had one that wouldn't stay up. He went to his local RV supply store to get a new faucet, and they sold him just the little valve, complete.

I don't recall the details, but he said it was a piece of cake to install it.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We use ours only as a shower, so do not need the faucet outlet. I blocked ours with shoe goo or epoxy, so it is always a shower.

Our shower head is a kitchen sprayer. It must be depressed to spray, so it saves water pretty well.

All you need is a 1/2 male pipe thread/3/8 hose barb fitting to adapt a kitchen sprayer to your shower hose. Cut off the kitchen sprayer hose and inch or so from the sprayer, dip the end in hot water and push the barb in. Lowes has a nice white nylon hose barb that matches a white kitchen sprayer head. It is a Watts A-300, PB225N, SKU 48643 06735 6.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited December 31, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had the exact same trouble with ours. After numerous temporary fixes we finally broke down and bought a very good quality replacement from Camping World. I believe it was around $27.00. It was very easy to install and your old shower hose should screw right on the new unit.

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post