Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Spray paint from the can.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Spray paint from the can.
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I am looking for information on spray paint. I have a 1991 33' Oshkosh Regal with a 460 gasser. I plan on doing some body work and was hoping someone has come across a good match for the silver, white & blue. I would like to use spray paint from the can.

you can view photos at:

http://www.truckroadservice.com/Barth.jpg

http://www.truckroadservice.com/Barth1.jpg

I purchased this unit from a mobile free clinic and have been fixing it up all summer long. It has 24,006 miles on it. With the repairs I have made and reading your website for tech advice, everything mechanic now works. Me and a few friends are fixing it up for NASCAR weekend events.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Your best bet, if matching it exactly is really important to you is to take it to a body shop that mixes their own colors and have them make up a quart or so.

They can sample the paint visually and mix a close match.

Otherwise, you will be required to buy several cans at the local Pep Boys or such, and experiment by painting a piece of metal and comparing them to the actual finish.

Paint codes are sometimes posted inside the engine compartment, but they are for the original color, and don't take into account the oxidation and fading from age.

If you are committed to using paint cans, then buy a case of the same batch that matches.

If you can't find a match buying off the shelf paint cans, you can still have a batch mixed up and get a refillable paint can from a jobber like Eastwood.

It is not difficult, and your paint will match as well as possible.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I had a local guy mix some paint using the codes that came with the coach. It wasn't even close. Would you believe Rustoleum has a tan color that perfectly matches the coach.

By the way Bill that Preval spray is a great idea.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
WOW ! a drivers door.... way kool... Didn't know Barths came with a driver door

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post