Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Koehler Generator Filters - 97 Monarch
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Koehler Generator Filters - 97 Monarch
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted
Hi everyone,

Whoa boy what a short summer. We had Tonka serviced as we start to get her ready for her approaching hibernation. I had them change the oil on the Koehler 7CCO 61 diesel generator and they replaced the oil filter with a Fleetguard LF16157 filter. I ran the gen for about 15 minutes when I got her home Tuesday. I noticed oil spots on the driveway today. It looks like the filter is leaking at the top/seal. I wiped everything down and need to run and check tomorrow to confirm.

The manual lists a Koehler oil filter part number 322422.

Does anyone know if Koehler still supports their older generators or if there is an alternative source of interchange/replacement parts?
hmm
Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Wally,

That's a Kubota 3 cyl diesel. The generator is a Kohler. Go to any Kubota dealer and they will have the correct filter.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Fleetguard is made by Cummins and is specified for Kubota diesel engines. I would have no reluctance in using their filters, and have without any issues. Perhaps you should use a filter wrench and tighten another quarter turn.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Don't just tighten it up... Remove the filter to make sure that the old o-ring came off. Too many times I've seen old o-ring still attached to the base.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Too many times I've seen old o-ring still attached to the base.

Too many times the filter was installed without wiping the seal with oil or grease. I like wheel bearing grease. I keep a small cosmetic jar of it in the same bag as the filter wrenches.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Got home after dark and will look at it tomorrow. The service was performed by Cummins Coach Care and the filter seems to be on plenty tight. It's really tucked up into the gen support framwork and is a total bear to get hands or tools on. My first thought was that oil had been spilled removing/installing the filter and there could be some frame oil involved. I wiped everything including the top lip of the filter down well and will fire it up and check it in the light of day. I have no reservations about Fleetguard filters but my second though was maybe its not the right one. If its leaking I'm going lookin for the right Kubota filter and a strap filter wrench to take it off. No way my filter wrench will fit. I'd like to compare a filter I know is right to the one installed that may not be.

Thanks, I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I ran the generator for a half hour and checked everything. No leaks. The drip was just frame oil probably spilled and in the lip when the tech had to jockey the filled into place.

My local Kohler rep/dealer said the filters are still available from Kohler. The following are the Koehler Part Numbers. I'll post any other numbers on the parts (i.e. Kubota) when I get them.

Oil filter – Koehler 322422 ($8.38)
Metal fuel filter – Koehler 322536 ($8.25)
Plastic fuel filter – Koehler 322056-S ($5.75)
Air filter – Koehler 258646 ($25.00)

Bryan Moe
Inventory Manager
Authorized Kohler Dealer
Total Energy Systems LLC.
Eden Prairie, MN
Ph. 888-548-1400 ext. 306

Thanks,
Wally