Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    couch out
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

couch out
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
I have to pull the couch out without wrecking it how does it come out?looks like somebody tried to fix the water inlet and all ready took out the floor will fix that when I get the couch out.
thanks lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Lenny, if its is a standard jack knife couch the easiest way is to take it apart and remove in sections. I had to remove mine when I replaced the carpet.

First open into flat position. If you have a fold down panel in the front lower panel, open it. If not slighlty raised the bottom cushion. there are two bolts on each end. simply remove the nuts and the bottom is free to remove.

With the bottom out of the way there are also two bolts on each end of the back cushion. Remove the nuts and the cushion is free to remove.

Now with just the frame in place you can see 3 or 4 screws in each end that hold the frame in place. remove and the frame can be removed.

If you need to remove the ends of the couch, one end is probably screwed to the kitchen cabinet and the other end is screwed to the floor and the wall of the coach.

Reverse this to reinstall the couch.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nick was the floor carpeted?I can see the water tank from the back of the couch.that is the last thing I have to do.to get it on the road .the tack works, still no speedometer am taking it in to north trail next week. speed is 50 at 15 on the tack I think.is that close"?/
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Carpet runs several inches under couch but not all the way to wall. also runs under the end of couch behind the driver.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We were able to get out jackknife couch out and back in without disassembly.

Ours attaches to the floor with lags.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks guys hope to get the couch out Thursday.I really want to get the couch out to fix the water tank fill.every thing else seems to work but the auto air, Is it worth fixing it ?or just run the gen for cooling
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny and judy:
thanks guys hope to get the couch out Thursday.I really want to get the couch out to fix the water tank fill.
lenny

Does the couch have to be completely out of the coach? Could it be stuck out of the way enough to fix the water tank fill?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had a total knee implanted if my therapist
knew what I have been doing well we won't go into that.I think it would be easier to take it out in pieces to make it lighter.then I can lay on the floor and (GETTERDONE)
LENNY

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

posted Hide Post
since i can't edit the last message sorry about the spelling
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
since i can't edit the last message sorry about the spelling
Sorry about that. I didn't realize that you couldn't edit your post. It is fixed now.

Is anyone else having this problem? So as not to hijack this thread, please PM me.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only had to take out the lower half of the couch to get to the top of the water tank the hole is striped out it is 1/4 npt next I will tap it out too a 3/8 npt.then that will be fixed.auto fill does not work, NICK I think I found the valve to auto fill it is not in the water compartment but under the couch (I THINK) there is a shut off leading to under the sink it is under a bunch of air ducts.is that the shut off?
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

posted Hide Post
the line I found that was under the couch I thought was auto fill was not when I turned it on found out it was disconnected filter . found the proper valve to turn on .WHAT DOES AUTO FILL DO?
LENNY

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
the line I found that was under the couch I thought was auto fill was not when I turned it on found out it was disconnected filter . found the proper valve to turn on .WHAT DOES AUTO FILL DO?
LENNY

Lenny, you should have two (2) water connections that are only about 6 inches apart on the street side of the coach. One is to fill the water tank only. The other supplies the coach with water from the external source (not the coaches water tank)

The auto fill switch let's you fill the coaches water tank while being connected to the external water source without moving the hose to the other connection. On our coach there is also a valve in the water compartment that I keep normally closed that I have to open for this function to work correctly.

Hope this helps.

Nick

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle]

Lenny, you should have two (2) water connections that are only about 6 inches apart on the street side of the coach. One is to fill the water tank only. The other supplies the coach with water from the external source (not the coaches water tank)

The auto fill switch let's you fill the coaches water tank while being connected to the external water source without moving the hose to the other connection. On our coach there is also a valve in the water compartment that I keep normally closed that I have to open for this function to work correctly.

Hope this helps.

Nick

My Barth is a little different................ SURPRISE! Smiler

I also have two external water connections. The pressure one is on the driver's side, since that would be closest to most hookups. The gravity fill is on the passenger side, since that would be closest to the home garden hose when parked in front of the house to load up. At least, that seems to be the logic Barth used. Pretty much like most MHs, it seems.

Our gravity fill is unused(and disconnected), since it is quite convenient for us to fill from a hose connected to the pressure fill on the driver's side and use the auto fill valve. Our auto fill valve is now manual, for reliability.

Also, our pressure hose connection does not have a check valve. The brass plug keeps the water in. Without a check valve, an external shower can be connected there for washing muddy dog feet or whatever.