Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Electrical Gremlins
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Electrical Gremlins
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any more ideas where I might find them?

A lot of car stereo stores sell them.

You can also use individual push-on female spade connecters. Blue for the power leads, red or blue for the coil.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

I had water getting into my side compartment and I could not figure out how. I had caulked/sealed all the seams in the door and on the hinges and the water was still getting in.
I then crawled into the compartment and had my wife run water on the side of the coach and found it was coming from the outside electrical box.
Water was coming thru the box which needed to be re-sealed. The water ran along a brace inside
and then down the side onto the floor of the compartment.

Jim

1985 Barth Regency

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the internet. Did a search to get information on the relay and NAPA does carry the socket. Fact is, they show two different types! They call them connectors. Part numbers EC-23 (universal, no mounting bracket) and EC-38 (with mounting bracket). Back to NAPA...wait 'til I see 'em.
And Jim---that is a good idea. Wonder how wet my wife will get me in doing that........

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Just make sure that the wiring and pins for terminals 30 and 87 are much thicker. These two take a higher amp load. You'll notice, in my picture, that these pins show a larger wiring as does pin 87a. But in your case, 87a isn't used.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bill---will do in regards to wiring. I would assume the way it is presently wired is that the low beam to high beam switch pulls in the relay and my high beams are circuited thru 30 & 87a.
Is this is the type of relay others have talked about inserting for the low beams on our coaches to get brighter low beam lighting? I guess the idea would be for the headlight switch to pull in the relay and have the low beam circuit running thru 30 & 87a?
And if that is the case, I would take it that the headlight switch circuit and the high beam switch are two different circuits?

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
If it is pulling in the relay, then it's 30-87.

At rest it is 30-87a.

If you use your continuity meter, you'll see that the relay sitting in your hands with no wires attached, will show an open between pins 30-87 and if you check pins 30-87a you'll see continuity.

Once power pulls in the smaller wire pins at 85 + 86, then the main load can be carried on 30-87

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post