Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    problem with level jacks
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

problem with level jacks
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted
My leveling jacks on my Barth would not work when I went to the Fl GTG in Dec.
A couple of weeks ago I tried them again after checking the stands. They were all free.
I then checked the fuse box and found that the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and went to try them again- nothing. Found the fuse was blown again. I checked all the wiring and the levers, everything is ok as is the top fuse near the control levers. The system is HWH.
I had a problem once before about three years ago and it was the rely but it did not blow fuses.
System was working great until now. Any
suggestions.

1985 Barth Regency 35ft MCC
8.2 Detroit 225 HP

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up
Just wanted to let all know the problem turned out to be a shorted solenoid.
I put the new one on and and all works great.
When removing the old one I found the postive side post to be loose. To check further I removed the second nut and found that I could move the post about a quarter of an inch in and out, also the post in that area appeared very black and burned.
I had emailed HWH and they wrote back suggesting to pull off one wire at a time from the solenoid to see if the fuse continued to blow. That's how I was able to find the problem.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post