Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Inverter or whatever you call it
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Inverter or whatever you call it
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Lou, the switch for the shower light on my 94 Breakaway is in that row next to the toilet on the vanity.

Lightning does strange stuff. I had one RV sitting next to the other, with one unplugged from shore and the other plugged. Both converters died same time.

I had a surge guard on the pole. Rusty had commented at the GTG that if I took a hit, it would somehow go around the surge guard and take everything else out. lol. well, the converter took a hit and surge guard is still good. go figure.

I have had batteries on charger for two weeks. Have had new converter for a week. Just got to get in the mood to lay on my stomach, which is a nice one, deal with progressive lenses and so forth to do the R and R.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway XL

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to add that Mister M Wrench, I am not.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I had a friend come over and install the converter and everything is fine now. My not thinking ahead of time about raising bed made it harder to do. But, I did remember when he got to a stopping point. His comment was you needed to be a monkey with reversed hands. There were two problems. The new unit had a plug with one of the blades sideways so we had to drive 20 miles to get a new receptacle. It has been a long time since I have seen one that has one of the two connectors with a vertical slit and a horizontal slit in the middle making it look like a half cross.

The other prob was the ground wire on the new unit has its connection opposite side of battery connections. Had to scout around to find an 8 guage wire twice the original length but did. Works like a champ but will need to filter out fan noise in my ears. a