Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Awning Bracket ID help
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Awning Bracket ID help
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of JoshS
posted
So My barth has never had an awning on it. Although it does have the upper awning rail from the factory. So I was able to get a awning for nothing from a neighbor of my grandparents. It is an older awning but in great shape and the perfect size.
So here is my problem, While removing one of the upper brackets (in pouring down rain) I got in a little bit of a hurry and broke off the two ears on the top of it with the hole to mount it. I cant find any manufacture marks or labels anywhere.
So has anybody seen a awning bracket like this before? If so do you know what brand or even a possible supplier of such bracket?
I am throwing this out here before I goto the local metal shop and see if they can fabricate a new one. I already went to a local rv shop and they have never seen it before.

Left side of upper bracket

Looking strait at bracket The two ears are at the top of the bracket where it has a slight angle in now. The two holes you see there now were not used

Right side

Posts: 90 | Location: Belfair, WA | Member Since: 10-16-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/13
Picture of sk8er32283
posted Hide Post
If you have the pieces that broke off just take them into the shop and they should be able to just tig weld the pieces back on. That should be a lot cheap than paying per hour for custom fab work.

Another idea would be to contact the manufacture of the coach that it was previously on. It may be an original equipement item. So then they could give you a lead to a new one.

Good luck

1988 Barth Regency 38ft
CAT 3208AATC Intercooled
Allison 4 speed w/ air shifter
Gillig Chassis
7.5KW Onan Diesel Generator
Click for Charleston, South Carolina Forecast

Posts: 81 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID(United States Navy) | Member Since: 01-01-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post