Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Desperate; Breakaway front brake caliper bolt help?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Desperate; Breakaway front brake caliper bolt help?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted
My RV guy says he hasn't been able to find the part I mentioned in an earlier post from Spartan and Bendix. I don't get it; it is a '91 Breakaway '28. On Sat. he is going to a junkyard to try to find one. I cannot believe this is a rare part. If any of you could help direct me at all, I would be in your debt. I haven't been able to even drive my coach since I bought it 3+ weeks ago! Thanks! Stringmann; Jerry in Atlanta

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
ADVANCE AUTO PARTS HAS A BANJO CALIPER CONNECTING BOLT FOR A 1990 CHEVY P-30
LISTED PART NUMBER " MOTORMITE 13935" $3.97
GOOD LUCK MIGHT BE THE SAME IT SHOWS A PICTURE ON WEB SITE.

Ralph Glover

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I know zip about Breakaways, but have you considered having a machinist make a new one, either from scratch or something similar?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ralph and bill and others who helped. I got off the road and went by to see the mech today and he had a brakethru. (pun intended)It seems that the reason Spartan, Advance auto, napa et al couldn't find the simple bolt because my Barth shouldn't have had a banjo clip; someone had modified the original system poorly. (This someone had also forgotten to tighten the bolts on the shocks, which were wiggled loose and unattached.) So my mech put it back to original with the easy over the counter parts that fit what some of you were saying. So I may get mine back early next week, 'good as almost new'. Barth vets, thanks for your help! Jerry

quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
I know zip about Breakaways, but have you considered having a machinist make a new one, either from scratch or something similar?

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post