Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    copper or aluminum
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

copper or aluminum
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
I have been working on Barth Vader, so what's new. I lit the pilot light on the refer and there is a leak of propane at the fitting and I couldn't stop it. I tried to tighten the fitting but it still wanted burn at the fitting and the carpet that was under the unit caught fire so I decided to pull the refer out and replace the aluminum line and fittings. Can I use copper in place of the aluminum? I can see burn marks across the bottom of the refer. I'm glad that it didn't set the Barth on fire with us in it. I really don't want to put a new unit in because I know that someday I want to get another Barth around 26 to 28 feet. Happy holidays to all of you and I hope to see some of you in person. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
As far as I can remember, every rig I ever had, used copper for the propane plumbing. Perhaps the aluminum tubing was another failed experiment, like the aluminum wiring in houses a few years back.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post