Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Leveler System??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Leveler System??
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Thank you-all for the guidance on the tune-up!! .. she runs pretty well after I fixed all the vacuum leaks and replaced the necessary electronics!
Now I gotta figure out how the level-things work ... like where is the source of fluid? and do they deploy automatically ... electro-hydraulic sort-of-system? ... your guidance will be most appreciated!!

Posts: 6 | Location: Poulsbo, Washington | Member Since: 07-17-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Gall
posted Hide Post
Did you ever find out where the fluid comes from for the levelers ? I would like to know as my 88 barth has leveler problems to.

Posts: 1 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Member Since: 09-18-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
On my former 88 33' Regal SE the reservoir tank was hung horizontally on the right side about 45 degrees inboard of the rear of right front tire. There was just enough space to get your fingers in place to unscrew the cap. I bought a bulb type pump and some hose to fill the tank. Go slow, it's messy when it overflows...................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Gall:
Did you ever find out where the fluid comes from for the levelers ? I would like to know as my 88 barth has leveler problems to.
Hello and welcome to the site - Russell and Donna had said a Canadian had bought their coach. Congrats on your purchase. Thumbs Up

Did you have any border purchase issues? How was you trip from Kansas to Edmonton? Several members have wanted to know about importing into Canada.

We're here to help and have a good time. Hope to see you at a rally or on the road somewhere. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
quote:
... like where is the source of fluid?

The 1996 Regal I once owned had the tank on the passenger side between the bumper and front tire. Try looking for a Rectangular tank with hydrolic hose or hoses going to it. If you are under the coach and under the front seat area, you should see an octopus looking block that reacts to your moving the leveler bars above it in the drivers seat. One or more hoses should lead to the individual jacks and to the tank. I am not as knowledgeable as many here so I hope this helps. Safe traveling!

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
just took the tank off of the leveler it was on the rite front in front of the wheel . the raeson I did this was tank was full when all . four jacks down I started pumping air I started pumping air thought I killed the motor .THE STUPID OIL PICKUP WITH FILTER WAS AT 9:00 INSTEAD 6:00 WHICH ON LY GAVE ME 1/2 THE OIL IN THE TANK. almost burnt the motor up.do your jacks swing down then raise the coach?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post