Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Back up Monitor
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Back up Monitor
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
checking sites out thanks curtis !! prices iw as getting were in the hundreds!

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robert and kimberly delucia:
checking sites out thanks curtis !! prices iw as getting were in the hundreds!

No problem. Most places want to sell you some high definition low feedback mega resolution, when all you really need is a simple video cable!

Glad I could be of assistance! Smiler

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Well I PUT IN THE NEW BACK UP CAMERA TODAY, RAN THE WIRE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COACH.NOT TO BAD TOOK 6 HOURS ..THE PERSON WHO HAD THE COACH DID A AWFUL JOB ON WIRES JUST FINDING ONE MORE THING AFTER ANOTHER, NOW WHEN PLUGGED IN AND BATTERIES ARE NOT CHARGING.WHERE IS THE CONVERTER?
BEHIND THE FUSES I HOPE.AND WHAT IS THAT RED THING ON THE BACK OF THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT?IS THAT AN INVERTER ?
LENNY
PS DIEMAKER NOT AN ELECTTRICIAN....

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NICK DID YOU GET A NEW MONITOR OR ARE YOU PLAYING WITH THE OLD ONE?
SONY)
LENNY

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I replaced the camera only. Still using original monitor.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I HAVE A SPARE MONITOR NOW PUT IN A NEW ONE IN.

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem. Check all your connections. I had a bad connection, fixed it and it now works great.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
It's been a bit of time since this post was opened, but while doing a search I found Nick's problem was the same as mine. I checked all the connections in the camera and they all looked good. Then we removed the monitor to check it out. Couldn't get the picture on the monitor to stop flipping. Then we changed the cable input from channel A to channel B on the back ports of the monitor. We then powered up the monitor and switched the front selector push button to channel B and everything was good. Clear picture and NO flipping. Does this mean channel A is bad?
I ask that becuase we put everything back together and I was a happy guy having my back up camera to now use. But, as soon as I shift to reverse the monitor comes on automatically and is on channel A. And why the coach is in reverse it will not let me change input channels to the monitor. So now I have a working camera and monitor, but cannot use it when I put the coach in reverse. HELP!!!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bumping this to the top in hopes that someone out there can give me some guidance while the coach is at the shop doing some electronic installations. He has the back up camera and monitor working fine on channel B while the coach is sitting there. Once you start up the coach and put it in reverse we get nothing but a blank screen. We are assuming this is the channel A input. And we cannot figure how to get this "automatic" feature, when placing the coach in reverse, to use channel B.
Thanks for any help or direction to where I can get some help....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I would guess that there's a relay, energized by the backup light circuit, that switches camera output to the A Channel. Where it is...is a mystery.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Camera!

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
I had a problem sometomes my backup camera and backup lights worked and thqn wouldn't
foune the problem was linkage was off and tranmission was not hitting the switch.

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses everyone. But my problem isn't with the back up camera or monitor working, because they do. I can't get channel A input on the monitor to work without a rolling picture. Channel B input works perfectly. My problem is that when the monitor comes on automatically when putting the coach in reverse, it also automatically turns the monitor on with the channel A input, which the camera is now not hooked up to. I'm hoping someone here might be able to tell me how to get it to the channel B input when it comes on automatically. If I am not in reverse, the button on the front of the monitor will allow me to manually switch back and forth between the two channel inputs. But it will not allow me to switch to channel B when the coach is in reverse.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
FIXED AND WORKING PROPERLY!!! Pulled everything apart again and cleaned the input power terminals for channel A and it's working fine. On to the next repair.....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen