Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Main gas shut off valve
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Main gas shut off valve
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I'm replacing a frozen valve on my wedgewood and need to shut off the gas prior to. Darned if I can remember where the valve is located. Anyone help me out?
Jack
1988 Barth regal
460 Ford, John Deere Chasis

Jack Brand
1988 31 ft Barth Regal
Ford 460
John Deere Chassis

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Try your propane tank compartment.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Olroy. I did already but I'll check again

Jack Brand
1988 31 ft Barth Regal
Ford 460
John Deere Chassis

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I have always found my shutoff valve just downstream from the tank outlet, & ahead of the regulator.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Olroy...

Jack Brand
1988 31 ft Barth Regal
Ford 460
John Deere Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Our breakaway has a cross tank located between the frame rails with remote fill. However the shutoff is in the middle of the coach. This was a real pain on our Alaska trip last summer when I had to shut off the gas to get on the ferry. Expecially if it was raining.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
The shut off on my Breakaway for both vapor for the appliances and liquid for the generator are right on the tank which is accessible thru the propane tank fill door at the right rear.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Turbodoc
posted Hide Post
My gas shut off valve is just inside the LPG Door.

Larry A. Barry DDS
2006 Tiffin Zephyr
NV5I

Posts: 59 | Location: Amarillo, Texas | Member Since: 02-20-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Code requires the manual shutoff valve to be in a compartment accessible without a key. Normally, it'll be right at the tank, and easily reachable from the hatch.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for all of your replies, when time allows, I'll be back under there...

Jack Brand
1988 31 ft Barth Regal
Ford 460
John Deere Chassis