Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    wide bodies
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

wide bodies
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted
How wide are breakaways? when did the regencies become wide and how wide are they? Mama doesn't like them too wide.

Thanks
Wayne hoping to be rid of Trek soon,Would love the 98 in ocala if it was less than 100 inches

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Breakaways were not normally offered in widebody but we have one tag recorded that may be one. Normally coaches are 96 inches wide. The wide body adds 6 inches and was a $5,000.00 option. Don't know when they made the first one.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The Monarch in Ocala has been sold to another Barth Forum member. But it's 102", anyway.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
i've been meaning to ask this question for awhile now but kept forgetting about it. i seen on a rv program that the widebody motorhomes were illegal to be driven on the roads in every state in the union. they also said in the same statement that no
one has every been fined/impounded for this,but all it takes is one officer in a bad mood to ruin one's vacation/bank account. any thoughts or experiences on this? was this guy on tv telling a myth or fact?...

ZIM

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
ZIM, interesting article here that will answer some of your question and probably raise a lot more.
Enjoy,
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the article nick. it was some interesting reading. its hard to believe so many restrictions on a vehicle that is meant to bring
the family together. i think the rv dealers have a
duty to notify the potential buyer of these issues
with widebodies on various restrictions with driving on the open roads of the U.S.A. thanks again nick..

ZIM

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post