Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    how many MCC owners here?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

how many MCC owners here?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Is there a breakdown of what the different types of Barth are on here?
A few years ago there seemed to be many MCC owners who had info they wanted to share, but I guess that they never did Frowner

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2588 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Doug, might you share your data tag info with us? If you go to the data tag project you will see that we have several members who do have the MCC Chassis.

Unfortunately, not all of our members have shared this info with us. If you go to this page and read up, you'll see that only 2 members with the "MCC Chassis and Bodies Style" has filled in this info.

We do need more information on the MCC Coaches. If you have some literature that you can share, you can attach it to a post - send it to me in an email - mail it to me and I will get it on our site.

I do have some info on the MCC Barths that is on our Barthmobile CD.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
Excuse my newness, but what is an MCC?

Just curious

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
An MCC was a Barth by way of an FMC. There are 2 ways to answer this. There are the MCC Chassis Regency that looks like any aluminum Barth "Bus Style" coaches. The MCC Chassis were the best riding chassis on the market. They had a 4 wheel independent suspension and the rear end looked more like a HP Sports Car.

This is what Doug is referring to... "MCC By Barth"

This is an MCC Chassis "Regency"

These coaches came with the 8.2L Detroit Diesel and hydraulic brakes.

Here is the view of the front suspension.

Here is the rear suspension.

There has been reports of the brakes or suspension not being very good in the original configuration. There is only one company that makes parts for these chassis. You can read more about the MCC Brakes by following this link.

In a post titled "One Tough Bus" there is a discussion on the MCC shortcomings with a rebuttal from the only source for these parts. You would need to make up your own mind as to the road worthiness of these chassis in the original brake/suspension setup.

My opinion, if I was to get one of these, I would redo the brakes and suspension with all new parts as I believe they were built for less weight. Looking at the brakes, gives me great concern in the original configuration.

Here are a few link to all of the posts by the owner of the only place where you can still get these parts. It would be nice if he stopped by more often to leave posts. I've contacted him a few months ago and invited him to leave posts, but health issues have made this request tough for him to do.

Leslie Hoagland is the proprietor of MCR located in St-Broadwell, Illinois and it is a father and son setup.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Having once considered buying an FMC coach, & later an FMC-based MCC (could have been the one in N.Y. Bill's picture - the paint scheme was identical) & also having a good friend who owned an FMC, I can second Bill's comments about the weaknesses of the original MCC chassis. It has reputed advantages in ride & handling, but as originally configured, it was stressed to the limit.

It is plain that tweakers have tweaked it for greater safety & reliability, so if one likes exotic machinery, a soft ride, sports car handling (to the extent that concept can be applied to a motorhome) it has advantages.

Someone wiser than I, commented, "A Jaguar is not an automobile, it is an interesting mechanical device." That is an excellent simile for the MCC in the motorhome world.

Having said that, were I 20 years younger, & an aluminum MCC came available, I'd go for it in a New York minute. For my purposes, the fiberglass MCC, though luxurious, lacked adequate storage.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
My father bought his 82 MCC brand new when I was just a tike. He still currently has it garaged with 56k miles on it. I'm in FL and he's in LA, so the next time I'm over his way I'll try to get pictures of the original brochure, data plate, sales paperwork etc. If anyone else has an MCC please contact me and email me any pictures you may have. These are very rare and I'd like to keep track of the ones I find.

Posts: 24 | Location: Home is Pensacola FL... MCC is in Pineville LA | Member Since: 06-08-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeFWB1980:
If anyone else has an MCC please contact me and email me any pictures you may have. These are very rare and I'd like to keep track of the ones I find.
You can keep track of any that you find with us if you like. Seeing that I only have 2 data tags, your addition to the data tag project would effectively double our undertaking.

Please, send me the data tag info/pictures of these coaches to bill_ny@barthmobile.com

The Barthmobile.com CD has over 70+ pictures of 5 different MCC by Barth coaches in our folders and a couple more in another folder. So maybe 8 different MCC by Barth.

5 years between posts is a long time... we missed you. Computer

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
Sorry about being away for so long. My dad lives 7 hours away so I only see him and the MCC a couple times a year. Rest assured it's still there, and unfortunately has not moved an inch in 4 years. He's constantly busy with other projects and has little interest in camping anymore, but he'll keep it garaged until the day he dies just for keepsake.

Joe Guillory
Terrel Guillory (deceased)
1982 MCC # 0029

Posts: 24 | Location: Home is Pensacola FL... MCC is in Pineville LA | Member Since: 06-08-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post