Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Bulbs for the chandelier
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bulbs for the chandelier
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted
My chandelier doesn't want to turn on. All the bulbs have that sooty black sheen to them so I'm guessing they are old and dead but they also do not have any markings on them. Any ideas on what they are? Are they 120v or 12v? LED replacement?

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I don't have a chandelier but I would pull a bulb and check the voltage at the socket with a voltmeter. If they are 12V I would definitely replace with LED for longer life and way less current drain.

Superbrightleds.com has many types to choose from.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5197 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
They are likely 12VDC fluorescent (although if you have a true chandelier, 12VDC candelabra-base incandescent would be the choice). There are LED drop-in tubes available to replace fluorescents, but the ballast has to be bypassed or removed.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
They are a candelabra base incandescent. Didn't even think about putting a meter on it. Never saw 12v candelabra bases though. Smiler

Would help if I knew how to turn it on. No power showing on the meter. I'm assuming it would be one of the switches by the door right? Seems I have 1 that turns on the handle outside, one the outside light and then 3 more that don't do anything at the moment.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It may be a 120V fixture, but that would be VERY rare in an RV. Candelabra base 12VDC bulbs are indeed hard to find. First, you need to determine if power is at the fixture, and what voltage it is.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Yeah, need to figure out how to turn it on first. No switch on it so I assumed it was one of the switches at the door but no power to it when I turn 'em all on either. Lots to figure out!!!

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Might just be a power issue, but…

Just got a message from Kevin: He is at Home Depot and they have 12V candelabra bulbs. He said he was not able to find any LEDs of that type, though.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5197 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Found the switch. It was under the cabinet not one of the many that I don't know what they do by the door.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The ones by the door should be for:

Front overhead light
Grab handle light
Step lights (inside and out)
Step retract

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
I have 2 switches by door for outside lights . 1 light on passenger side & 1 for drivers side light.

Another switch for retracting steps when door is closed . Or turn off switch & steps don't retract every time door is closed .

Also 1 switch for inside ceiling light were fan is located .

Total 4 switches at door.

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
The lamp in question is 12V. I will get the bulb number when I get home tonight.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Den and Lisa
posted Hide Post
Benebob, are you talking about the six bulb chandelier over the dinette? If so, ours has a switch under the cabinet directly over the dinette table.

Posts: 34 | Location: Knoxville TN | Member Since: 09-07-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post