Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    HELP! Kohler won't run
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

HELP! Kohler won't run
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hey Everyone. Haven't been on much lately, been busy redoing the Barth. I have a BIG problem. I have a Kohler 7000 watt gen 1983 gas. When I press the start button it will fire up, but when released to the run position it shuts down. Several months ago someone else had the same problem and found the solution. I've looked all through here and can't find the posting. Sometimes it will start and run for 5 to 10 min. Than shuts down. I have tried removing the remote start harness, not it. And unfortunatlly not a lot of people in the area who work on them. Once I get it running again I also need to purchase a new muffler for it. Any suggestions. Thanks a million

------------------
Bootdude

[This message has been edited by Bootdude (edited September 26, 2003).]

Posts: 22 | Location: St Pete Fl US | Member Since: 06-20-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
BOOTDUDE,
check your fuel gauge, most are set to shut down if at 1/4 tank or less and if this is the case it may start and run a few minutes before it stops again. also check the oil in the genset, if it is low may be same thing. shuts off. muffler? do an internet search and you should find a distributor in your area. hope this helps.

mike

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ironsides, Thanks for the imput,but fuels not the problem this time. Genset ran fine up till last week when I decided to be kind to it and blow out the dust. It's on a slide system so I pulled it out and used my compressor to blow all the dust and dirt out of it. Should have left it dirty. Started fine afterwards but only ran for a short time. If I hold down the start button it will continue to run, once released it's as though your holding down the stop button. Seems there was a relay that he replaced that resolved the problem. Again thanks

Posts: 22 | Location: St Pete Fl US | Member Since: 06-20-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post