Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    90 Regency Dash Instrument Panel Removal
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

90 Regency Dash Instrument Panel Removal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted
All,
New Barth owner here and headlight switch has failed. My mech is concerned about pulling out the plastic panel that supports all the dash instruments, that he might break it. Apparently with all the screws removed it still wants to stay in place. Mechanic thinks this is from the upholstery glue spilling on to the plastic instrument panel. Anyone had to remove the dash instrument on a Regency of my vintage?
Any Tips?
Otherwise any feedback greatly appreciated.
Thanks

1990 Regency 32 Center Aisle Spartan Chassis CTA8.3 Cummins 240HP 4 spd Allison 7.5 Diesel Genset Pac-brake Prosine 2000 Mickey's on the Rear Toyos front

Posts: 131 | Location: Brady, The Republic of Texas | Member Since: 01-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My Regal had a little pop-in hatch in the upholstered top of the dash which gave access to all the instruments & wiring. Can't remember for sure if the light switch was accessible from above as well.

Removing the dash panel is the obvious way to get at switches & instruments, but sometimes one should look past the obvious. Be sure you & your mechanic have looked up there to be sure you don't have a nice big hole on top of the dash to access the offending switch.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I have removed the dash panel on my 93 Regency a couple of times. It will only come out a few inches because of all the wires still being connected to the gauges. Still enough room to replace switch though. Just be very careful and apply pressure evenly on both sides. If it is stuck run a dull knife like a dinnerware knife around the edge to break it loose.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post