Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Haven't seen one like it.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Haven't seen one like it.
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of mikehenson
posted
can anyone give me some hints.
Title says 1972 Barth, has a 454 chevy., its 25ft.

Posts: 5 | Location: Edom, Texas ( N.E. Texas ) | Member Since: 01-15-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the one set as your avitar picture? If so, it looks like a 25 ft Regal based on the width of the front wheels in proportion to the body. I would guess it is a P-30 Chevy chassis but it could als be a John Deere or something. Looks like you have the Newell paint scheme which is really nice and respected by all. Looks pretty nice. Do you have any other photo's?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums!

A good place to start is what we call the "Data Tag". This is usually (but not always) on the wall behind the driver's seat.

It'll look something like this:

Or this:

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikehenson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris & Tina Jones:
Are you talking about the one set as your avitar picture? If so, it looks like a 25 ft Regal based on the width of the front wheels in proportion to the body. I would guess it is a P-30 Chevy chassis but it could als be a John Deere or something. Looks like you have the Newell paint scheme which is really nice and respected by all. Looks pretty nice. Do you have any other photo's?
Thank you for your help, I will send more pics soon.

Posts: 5 | Location: Edom, Texas ( N.E. Texas ) | Member Since: 01-15-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikehenson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Welcome to the Forums!

A good place to start is what we call the "Data Tag". This is usually (but not always) on the wall behind the driver's seat.

It'll look something like this:

Or this:

I haven't found either tag anywhere, but will keep looking. Thank you for the quick response.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Older tags may look different; please send photos of anything you discover.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
This coach was in Sightings under 72 Barth?. Did you buy it or are you looking at it? The listing has been removed from CL by lister.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Older tags may look different; please send photos of anything you discover.

Could you please show us larger/better angles of the coach than what you have in your profile?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikehenson
posted Hide Post
quote:

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Based on what I'm looking at - windshield makes it earlier than the end of 1973 - The short front windshields, from what we've been able to document, were not put on after late 73.

So, 1972 sounds about right.

Did you look at this page yet?
http://barthmobile.com/gallery-1.shtml

Stop at the section titled
Barth MH, Barth Trailers & Pickup Camper Insert
1968 ~ 1973

You can see some of the different tags we found on the earlier era Barths.

You are looking for a sequence of numbers that begin with 71 or 72

72091170MC25L

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I found a few more images of your coach in our upload area...

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of mikehenson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
This coach was in Sightings under 72 Barth?. Did you buy it or are you looking at it? The listing has been removed from CL by lister.

I bought and am the proud owner, but it needs lots of work.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikehenson:
quote:
the turn signal lenses look like ones on mine,steering column looks to new for a 72,to me,but the hanger that holds looks like my 69,the aluminum above windshield,designed like steves oct. built 69,i'd say late 70,or 71 it does look nice,good luck.

Posts: 73 | Location: mosquito valley ohio(west central ohio) | Member Since: 12-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
welcome you n will have a lot of fun making into a great coach
see you on the highways
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vdubnut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like you have the Newell paint scheme which is really nice and respected by all.

Can someone please shine some light on the Barth/Newell references? I saw a 1978 38 Foot Newell at a vintage Rally up here in Washington, great looking coach... was there a partnership between them? IS a Newell actually a Barth? What's the story??

And Mike Great looking coach, just picked up a 73 myself, same story it looks like... a LOT of work to be done! One thing at a time!

Here's a picture of that Newell, only one I have, sorry.

-Mike

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
1973 25 Foot
P30 Chevy with 454
73021247MC25
Follow My blog
http://73Barth.blogspot.com

Posts: 39 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Member Since: 01-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post