Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Duo Therm Circuit Board
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Duo Therm Circuit Board
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
Our front Duo Therm air conditioner quit. It gets power all the way up to the circuit board, but nothing happens. The thermostat will not light up either. Believe it may be a bad circuit board. I have searched the archives on this site and cannot find a solution. I have also searched on line and cannot find any boards, anywhere for replacement. The boards on the front and back AC do not match up so I cannot troubleshoot by switching them out. My AC model is 610115.103. The circuit board number is 3101626.012. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I found the circuit board is obsolete (Penguin II) for the shroud-mounted 'stat. I got mine back in operation by stripping and resoldering the ribbon cable where it had broken connections - at Carl Flack's old house in TN.

That unit is 25 years old, so replacement is likely in order. I really like the Atwood Tom Johns installed when he had his Regency.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
I was just wondering how you were checking for power at your ac. I had a problem with my fridge, the code said no ac power. I would put a voltage meter on the wires and read 12 volts. Strange! until I found out that the circut breaker resets itself. So then we checked for voltage with a test light and tripped the breaker. The problem ended up being a dirty connection in the circuit panel. Good luck.
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Checked the power with a vote meter at the circuit board, 123 votes. The 11 pin ribbon appears in decent shape, no breaks or cracks I can see. I pulled all wires and reconnected them hoping it was just a bad connection, but still nothing. Was hoping to get off cheaper by finding a replacement board. Never thought it would be this hard to find one.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Fred,
I should have said, mine read 120 volts also. but when I tried to turn on the fridge, then it would trip the breaker. Just for the heck of it, try a test light for voltage, that way if it is tripping the breaker, you would be able to see it.
I was checking with a meter and it always showed power. when checked with the light, it would loose the power.
Ken

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
I see your point, but Power was on, 50 amp service and everything running. No breakers were tripped. The only thing not working was the front Ac. It's frustrating and I appreciate your input.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
One of our Duo-therm's thermostats died a few years back. As it was obsolete it was replaced with a digital replacement thermostat-- the kit was readily available then (maybe three years ago ??). I do not have the details here (at home). There was some discussion on one of the Barth forums about this subject at that time as well.

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
http://www.acsindustrial.com/r...alog/item-14923.html
(800) 605-6419 (410) 771-1152 Fax: (443) 836-9171 Fax: (855) 252-5363
Hunt Valley, MD 21031

ACS Industrial Services provides FREE evaluations and repair services for Dometic electronics. Each Dometic, 3101626.012 is professionally tested, evaluated, and repaired by experienced technicians. We warranty each repaired item for a period of two years, unless otherwise stated on your repair quote.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
I switched out the thermostat from the back to the front to see if it would work. Again... nothing happens. I called ACS yesterday and the minimum cost to repair any circuit board is $250. Thought about doing it but it's a gamble. If I fix the board and the AC still does not work then what? Believe I will bite the bullet and purchase a new AC unit and thermostat. Thanks for helping.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Check with dinosaur electronics ....they may Be able to help you....

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
bite the bullet and purchase a new AC unit and thermostat.

WISE Thumbs Up

It will work MUCH better than the old one EVER did

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Atwood 15K + the interior non-ducted shroud

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Duo Therm Penguin, Low Profile from PPL. They are on sale for $614 until May 8. Also ordered the thermostat for $112.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You'll likely need a new shroud; there are 2 for the Penguin II. DO NOT even try the local mechanical thermostat (which requires a shroud different from the remote 'stat; all 3 of mine failed). IIRC, the OEM shroud can't be used with either.

The remote 'stat requires extra wiring, and the new unit requires 12VDC; we tapped off the sofa lighting fixture.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke