Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    New owners with small problems
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New owners with small problems
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Good morning all,

Well I've been to all the sugested auto parts and even camping world up in Hammond,LA and no wiper blades. I went to the Trico on-line site and they have the 64-201's for the Barth but no dealers in Louisiana. The closest dealer to us is Carpenter's Campers in Pensacola. So, I'll call them and see if they will ship me a set. I didn't think they would be so hard to find.

Ron

Proud owners of a 1990 28' Barth Regal towing a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Posts: 28 | Location: Slidell, Louisiana & Compass Lake, Florida | Member Since: 09-18-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron & Maggie:
Well I've been to all the sugested auto parts...
If you go to a Napa and they don't have it ask them to order it. It will be to them in less then 24 hours without shipping charges and if it's not right they will take it back. Napa has a fantastic supply chain and there Emergency Road Service network works hard to keep them on the road.

There has never been any item that I've ordered that's taken more then 24 hours. I'm even including snow storms and power outages. Use the locally owned and operated Napa store. You'll keep the money in your local community.

Try this link for some reading material.

Use this link to find the store closest to you.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron & Maggie:
1. Wiper blades. Can't find the 20" wide.

My blades are Trico 64-201, and spares (for some reason)are Trico 14-200 20-inchers.

Check those numbers to see if they are available and might fit.

I have also seen 20 inchers at WalMart.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill I'll do that first thing Monday morning.

Ron

Posts: 28 | Location: Slidell, Louisiana & Compass Lake, Florida | Member Since: 09-18-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Ron and Maggie,

Have you checked the weight of you hitch. I bet you have a stock Class II 3500# hitch. If so you can go to a certified welder and have it upgraded to a Class III for probably $250.00. All of these coaches have chassis extensions. If you are pulling a Jeep which I bet is a bit over 5000# I would make sure that you hitch is forified infront of the extension.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave. I'll check that out. For now all we're hauling is a 5x8 cargo trailer for street fairs. We're not going to Colorado until nest spring and that's when we'll be pulling the jeep. Oh, I went over to Carquest yesterday for the wiper blades and they had them waiting for me bright and early this morning. We now have brand new wiper blades installed. Thanks to all the the help.

Ron

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/11
posted Hide Post
Hi, I have an 89 Barth Regal, and had the same problems. I replaced the cabinet gas shocks and the auto-fill solenoid (sp) The solenoid was not working and allowed leeks into the storage bay below. It also caused my pump to run all the time. This can be purchased from any fork-lift supplier. Works the same on water as LP gas. Be sure and get the stainless steel. The cabinet shocks can be purchased from Austin Hardware. The very same thing that were on the original. Very simple and only moments to change out. If you want the exact serial number e-mail me and I will send you the purchase order. I hope I am not too late for this. Hope you enjoy your Barth, we love ours. Ken Robbins

Posts: 7 | Location: garland,tx | Member Since: 03-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Hi Ken, I would really appreciate it if you could post the serial number here for the cabinet shocks. I want to install them on my cabinet.

Thank you

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raymag:
Hi Ken, I would really appreciate it if you could post the serial number here for the cabinet shocks. I want to install them on my cabinet.

Thank you

Raymond, I have a Regal wish we had a breakaway. The product number is for the gas springs is SL 1-20 BE gas springs with blade ends. The location is Austin Hardware in Buford, Georgia. Phone 770-932-9121. The sales man was #4, Tom. I hope these will fit a breakaway. They are perfect for my Regal, like the originals. If you need the information on the package slip I can fax it to you. Leave me a number.
Happy camping, Ken

Posts: 7 | Location: garland,tx | Member Since: 03-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Try googling the name of the shock. I found a place either in PA or NY that had the exact shock I needed. If I can find the receipt, I'll let you know.

Good luck,

Rick

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post